The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone in the jefferson hills south park area be able to explain why i flushed two pheasants down at peters creek? I was squirrel hunting so i didnt expect it. Managed to get one! Nice looking bird very meaty... I think its funny because i was out this morning at gamelands 245 and 232 and didnt see one bird... Lot of hunters and shoot though... Made my day when im 5 minutes from home and get into some birds!!!!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Pheasants will travel a good distance. Not all of them get bagged where they are stocked. Congratulations on getting one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is in southern Allegheny county no were close to a game lands

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Any clubs or landowners near by that stock birds? Birds do travel 20+ miles.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW didn't think they moved that far!!! I'm thinking is was the local trout group that stocks peters creek. tri county angler i think it is... I bet they got some money from the members and stocked a few in the area! I got my one where I usually turkey hunt. I decided while I was in the area I'd go check it out. I walked up the hill to a gravel spot and there he was just chillin. A pheasant was the last thing I thought would have been there! When he saw me he took off I wasn't ready at all and had 8 shot in too. On our way back walking the railroad tracks we spotted another one running/flying 100 yards down the tracks way to far to even try to get closer... After seeing the second one thoughts about there being wild pheasants went down the drainge. It was kinda cool to see though! Made me think probably 40 years ago there were wild pheasant running around! Probably on the very same tracks... Who knows it was an exciting day to be out!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts