almost ready to bake

ready to bake

done

ready to eat

hmmmm it was good

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
That looks like very tasty comfort food. Yesterday I made a delicious pheasant stew with cream of chicken & herb soup and plenty of vegetables. Enjoying the leftovers tonight with some fresh baked rolls. It's so satisfying to make a good meal from fresh game you took yourself. Same thing goes for vegetables from your own garden.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It looks delicious and I'm sure it was good and all but that's not a pot pie.......it's a meat pie. Pot pie has the "crust" cut up into squares and mixed and cooked right in with the meat/vegetable mixture.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
There are many different variations of pot pie and his looks like the typical pot pie to me and probably many people. Matter of fact I was watching the cooking channel earlier today and they also made a pot pie that looked just like his.

BTW, I love that Phil Robertson quote in your signature line.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Joe Kaschak said:
Buy a "Marie Callender's Pot Pie" (beef or chicken) from the supermarket. It looks exactly like the one pictured.
Marie's isn't a pot pie either, it's also a meat pie. Somewhere along the line pot pie and meat pie got interchanged.
It all still eats good but nevertheless....Pot Pie is made in a pot which is why it's called Pot Pie!

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Marie's isn't a pot pie either, it's also a meat pie. Somewhere along the line pot pie and meat pie got interchanged.
It all still eats good but nevertheless....Pot Pie is made in a pot which is why it's called Pot Pie!
Are you the Connoisseur of pot pie's ? or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Fleroo said:
Are you the Connoisseur of pot pie's ? or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?
Yes, I am a connoisseur of pot pie but I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.......actually I stayed at Marie's house.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tom,
That is a fine job right there. I would call it a potpie also. I ordered a potpie out once and it was served with no crust at all. Just wide noodles. I chalked it up to a PA Deutch thing. It was tasty nonetheless.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There is only one pot pie, PA Dutch pot pie with wide noodles. Everything else is just a meat pie with a crust. Not nearly as good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
John S said:
There is only one pot pie, PA Dutch pot pie with wide noodles. Everything else is just a meat pie with a crust. Not nearly as good.
I suspected as much. It is good. Just not what I knew as pot pie. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Well to me, meat and noodles is simply just a Stroganoff. I'm sticking with the homemade crust wrapped around the meat/veggie contents as Pot Pie, and better than any sort of Stroganoff. I think the Dutch have it all wrong.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts