The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to gamelands with my lab to see if we could put up a bird or two.There was no others hunters or vehicles in the parking lot. The first thing I saw was a red tailed hawk that was watching a field close to the parking lot.We worked around some goldenrod and found a lot of deer tracks leading up to an apple tree that still had apples on it up high.Thinking that the birds might be in some cover provided by pine trees and brush(habitat) we started to check that out.It seems fox had the same idea,as fox tracks were evident everywhere.anyone looking for fox should check out the gamelands where pheasants are stocked.

·
Super Moderator
14,272 Posts
I spent over five hours hunting pheasant in the snow on the SGL today. We saw a fair number of pheasants, lots of pheasant tracks, all over the place, and didn’t see even one set of fox tracks. There might have been a coyote track or two but it was hard to tell with all of the dog tracks.

Where you have prey, which pheasant are, you are bound to have some predators, which would include fox and/or coyote.

Dick Bodenhorn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts