Discussion Starter #1

Contact Colleen Delong at [email protected] or 570-380-0833

Please provide:
Name:
Email:
Phone#
Number of people:
Number of dogs and type: flushers or pointers

These flushing surveys are for the Hegins GRatz and Central Susquehanna WPRAs. Somerset flushing dates will be posted later.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is this the type of thing where they need as much help as they can get or if I sign up I'll be taking the spot of someone? I could gladly help out but I wouldn't want to take the spot of someone who has done habitat improvments and deserves to be there more than me.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First come, first served. We gladly take anybody's help. There is a limited number of openings so sign up now.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Byron said:
Very cool stuff, one more reason I wish I had a dog..hope to see a post afterwards.
Byron,

While it's always good to find new reasons to own a bird dog, you don't need one to participate in this event. They can always use blockers and drivers. You will enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
bowmike said:
What are these, never heard of this before?
Mike or anyone else that enjoys upland hunting and bird dogs, I suggest you try to attend one of these events.You will get the chance to meet other sportsmen/women that share the same passion.There are always plenty of different dog breeds on hand and its always entertaning to see how they handle. You will also get to meet the Biologists that are working on the project, and they are always willing to answer all your question. Plus you will get to witness their excellent work firsthand.
And let's not forget, if you're lucky you will flush a WILD PA. RINGNECK PHEASANT...does it get any better!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Would not of known about this if not for here, thanks. I'm registered and ready to go, was told they can always use standers/blockers/counters.......

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would not think so. The surveys are mid afternoon so days are warm enough because you are walking most of the time and keeping warm. Layer up if it's single digits

1 - 17 of 17 Posts