The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with the PGC website? For a couple of weeks when I opened it I would get a message telling me that the site was not secure but I was able to get in. Today I can't get in and it is asking me to sign in.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
...YES...on my phone it alerted me when i tried to access and phone wouldn't let me access..no issues on computer.
I deleted phone bookmark ...and just googled PA Game Commision and "secure" site showed up ..clcicked on it and bookmarked it.
..for some odd reason the " https: " was missing from older bookmark...

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
No problems for me, still complicated to find things!
Well, it is better than it use to be.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
No problems for me, still complicated to find things!
Well, it is better than it use to be.
While I agree the site could be easier to navigate, it is by far the worse. Colorado's game agency site is much worse. Just one that comes to mind, as I know there are many other inferior sites.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Limbhanger, That is exactly what I just did, I deleted the link from my favorites and copied and pasted a new one and it now works. The PGC keystone had even gone away and was replaced by something else. I am good now. At least for now.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I have had this issue with other sites stored in favorites in the past, never with PGC site though. Refreshing the favorite link always fixed it.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least I know it isn't my computer now. Kind of strange that for a lot of years there were no problems with it.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But, but there are some who insist using the computer to apply for a doe license is the better way.>:)

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
Limbhanger, That is exactly what I just did, I deleted the link from my favorites and copied and pasted a new one and it now works. The PGC keystone had even gone away and was replaced by something else. I am good now. At least for now.
I did the same. I don’t understand what the issue was pertaining to the security of the site, but clicking on a fresh link seemed to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
25,479 Posts
Was just down the road from their office earlier this evening.

Tempted to go pound on the door, figured I couldn't get "in" that way, either?

0:)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I suspect that the simple explanation is that the PGC has gone from the old HTTP (hypertext transfer protocol) prefix in it's URL to the more secure HTTPS prefix that is hypertext transfer protocol for secure communication. It's a good thing and provides authentication and another level of security against someone trying to get personal info through the website. It's important on sites where payments can be made or personal data is posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts