The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been recently contacted by a firm out of Harrisonburg Virginia representing the PGC conducting a telephone survey for the 2015-16 hunting season?
The survey was very comprehensive, covering seasons hunted, species, days afield, PGC management practices, public land access and use, Use of PGC website etc.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's the one. I couldn't find any references to it on the PGC website.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I have caller ID which not only shows the phone number but the location being called from. I remember seeing one from Harrisonburg, VA. But figured it was another sales calls and was ignored.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Several questions were geared towards cooperative land owners.
Actual ability to access the land, ability to find and talk to the landowners to get permission and possibilities of including contact information on the PGC website. All good stuff that I've heard as problems discussed on these boards previously.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
bohunr said:
they couldnt find a PA firm to do the work and get paid for it?
The PGC probably could find plenty of firms or folks who would gladly do the work and get paid. Whether the results of such a survey would be useful is another story. Responsive Management (out of Harrisonburg, VA) is pretty much the nationwide leader in doing these types of surveys for wildlife management. Plenty of companies specialize in human dimensions surveys but this company is pretty much the only one that has the wildlife management background to go with it.

There are certainly business opportunities for anyone that knows quantitative human dimensions and understands the basics of wildlife management/hunting and fishing.

·
Super Moderator
28,064 Posts
Fleroo said:
they couldnt find a PA firm to do the work and get paid for it?
PA.... Who cares ? Look on the bright side. It's still in the U.S. of A., and not outsourced to India.
Are you sure that call came from Virginia, and not Bangladesh, or elsewhere?

I could call you right now from where I'm at in Germany (or anywhere else in the world), and your caller ID would show a number from Pottsville, PA

Technology is a great thing

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely not an English as a second language pollster calling himself "Baub".

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
trapperrick said:
I have caller ID which not only shows the phone number but the location being called from. I remember seeing one from Harrisonburg, VA. But figured it was another sales calls and was ignored.
Exactly, I ignore just about any call I don't recognize, especially from an area I wouldn't expect to receive a call from and ALL 800 numbers.

·
Registered
20,277 Posts
i got a call from a guy with a heavy foreign accent claiming to be from the IRS.

he said a warrant had been issued for my arrest unless i paid what i owed. he wanted a credit card number and the name of my attorney if i had one.

i laughed at him and he said that this situation is serious and i should not be laughing. i told him it was funny because he had called an IRS agent ( i am not one)

thats the last call i got from the IRS scammers.

and the phone number that showed up on my caller ID was an IRS number, that was only connected to pre recorded information. you just never know who is calling anymore or from where.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts