The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by 2001 Elmerton Ave today to get a new Hunter Education Card.

I have my original card that was and still is in my deceased Grandfathers wallet, but there is no HTE number on the card. The only numbers on my old card are DOB, Dist No and Date of completion. Most states now require more than an old license to obtain an out of state license. The PGC database goes back to 1987, so in lieu of going to a notary, I had some free time and was able to get it done in person.

Very nice people...behind that thick glass.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Not sure what your point is.

All State building were mandated to add security percautions, Did you happen to check the PBFC's HQ? same set up.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I think his point was simply that the folks at HQ were polite, helpful and served his need well.

If it really was about the thick glass then I suppose I see where he's coming from on that too. It's kind of intimidating(I assume it's supposed to be) to deal with someone on the other side....I always feel like I've done something wrong when having to do business through and inch of glass. I do understand the safety precautionary factor though.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Now come on - you are the one that walked through the door from the outside... now logically - who did something wrong to be on the inside - side of the glass?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
WCO said:
Not sure what your point is.

All State building were mandated to add security percautions, Did you happen to check the PBFC's HQ? same set up.
I think he is complimenting the PGC

Your just not used to getting a compliment always just complaints LOL

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Bluetick said:
Now come on - you are the one that walked through the door from the outside... now logically - who did something wrong to be on the inside - side of the glass?
I don't know, I just always feel like I'm not fit to interact with people when they're shrouded behind the tempered glass. Heck, maybe I'm not!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have seen times when those women were very glad that glass was there.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Yeah, like every day, now that you're no longer there to give 'em a sense of security and safety.

With the security glass (or Lexan) in place, when someone comes in and starts to rant'n rave now, at least they don't have to put up with flying spittle anymore.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The post was not about the glass.

I was just giving some info on my visit and I mentioned that the folks there were very nice. The thick glass was just an observation.

I figured most of PA hunters have never been to the building and I was sharing my experience.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yep, they would push the panic button and I or someone else would go out and calm things down or eject the loudmouth. Those girls put up with a lot of crap at times.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Stone Mountain said:
The post was not about the glass.

I was just giving some info on my visit and I mentioned that the folks there were very nice. The thick glass was just an observation.

I figured most of PA hunters have never been to the building and I was sharing my experience.
The thick glass isn't just at HQ...it's at the regional offices too. I had to stop in at Franklin to get something once and noticed it there too.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If I rememeber correctly that all was installed shortly after 9/11 as part of the Homeland Security acts... or at least f it wasnt because of that it was a good coincidence!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts