The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do they dump their road kills and are trappers allowed to dump their left overs there also? If no,then why not?

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the gamelands I hunt in Lawrence co. they have a "deer pit". Basically a big hole they throw the roadkill in and when it fills up they cover it and dig another hole. I doubt you can throw your leftovers in because they have restricted signs up all around it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
i heard that they took them to like fertilizer plants and the company would put them in the fertilizer pile??? might of saw that on dirty jobs but im not sure

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I know of one in an area I hunted growing up.. Just as said above.. Big hole with a fence around it.. It has been covered up since then

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep, same as others have said, just a hole in the ground at one of the game lands here in clearfield county. Always interesting to see what's in there.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I know the deer dump on the SGL out around Hendersonville is a great place for a Bear sighting or to see a Yote sneaking by.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
the gamelands in President, PA on rt. 62 has a deer pit.....them bears love to drag those deer out into the woods and eat.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
speedstick said:
Where do they dump their road kills and are trappers allowed to dump their left overs there also? If no,then why not?
Hey speedstick...

Here is your answer!

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2009/page87.pdf

DON’T DUMP CARCASS!
Throughout Pennsylvania there is a growing problem with people dumping deer carcasses and other animal remains on public and private lands. Deer and other
wild game or furbearer remains are considered municipal solid waste and should be disposed of along with other household waste through your curbside pick up,
or at an approved waste facility. The dumping of animal remains is illegal. This does not apply to the viscera discarded from legally-harvested animals. Burning
and/or burying of animal remains may also present serious health concerns and are not advisable practices. Contact your county recycling coordinator for more
information. This statement has been developed with the cooperation of the state Department of Environmental Protection, Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania,
Department of Conservation & Natural Resources and PA CleanWays-State.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They tell us not to bury or burn yet they do the same exact thing. LMAO That did not answer my question about if we was allowed to use the dumps they use because we are the ones who paid for those dumps that they use. But I do find it ironic that we shouldn't bury the remains and they stck deer 20 feet high and bury them. Again LMAO

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
speedstick said:
They tell us not to bury or burn yet they do the same exact thing. LMAO That did not answer my question about if we was allowed to use the dumps they use because we are the ones who paid for those dumps that they use. But I do find it ironic that we shouldn't bury the remains and they stck deer 20 feet high and bury them. Again LMAO
Tell you what you do since you can not get the meaning of Public Land refered in that there quote I did...

Go to a SGL..Make Dang Sure there is a WCO in the area watching you...Dump those remains from furbears...Then come back and tell us what happened..

There is a section of the SGL rules and Regulations that also covers it... it is a simple Word that means the remains of animals... either pull out the Comic Book and read the regulations of SGLs or go the PGC's Site and read it..

You will find your answer that goes right along with that there quote above and the word Public Land!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Where is there enough roadkill to stack them 20 feet high? I havent seen more than ten deer all year killed on the highways.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have seen pleanty hit so far this year, just saw a buck hit comming down Cresson mountain today. They have two local dump sites that I am aware of.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
You have been on the wrong highways Z71. Try riding rte 56 toward Homer City and Rte 711 between Seward and the GC Headquarters!

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
speedstick said:
adudeuknow said:
the gamelands in President, PA on rt. 62 has a deer pit.....them bears love to drag those deer out into the woods and eat.
You allowed to hunt that area for bear?
they have a considerable area around it posted but you would be suprised how close you can get to it and still be allowed to hunt on game lands. i will most likely be in the area for bear this year.

·
Registered
243 Posts
just one question????? why is the game commission dumping them on the game lands if they are waste..... why not get a dumpster or something and let the garbage man come and get them like they tell us to do???? instead of digging holes and stinking up a area of state game lands

1 - 20 of 26 Posts