The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to call a regional office, would the PGC know how many acres are available to hunt on a co-op farm? Saw one yesterday, checked on the map on the pgc website and it is a no restictions area. Only thing is...I don't know how much land is available to hunt and don't know who to ask. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
You need to contact the land owner directly. The landowner can answer both questions.

For those that don't know, permission to hunt a Co-op property is required. Being i the Co-op only means that it is listed and available for hunting. Not that it is available to hunt without permission.

A great program with some 3.5 million acres enrolled. Just about equal to the combined total of game land and the state forest system.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
To become a Safety Zone Program cooperator, the owner or person in legal control of a farm, containing a minimum of 50 acres, executes a simple agreement with the Game Commission. This agreement may be cancelled upon 60 days written notice.

All info is in the links on the page.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks bluetick...i think this was a safety zone co-op farm because there was a pgc safety zone poster above the blue and gold co-op farm sign...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts