The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
You Get It

My family is buying a camp and moving the opener to Saturday kind of made me understand a little more why those with camps are against it. I work Friday and the camp is three hours away. It would be a lot better having Saturday and Sunday to prepare for Monday as opposed to getting up there at dark Friday night and hunting in the morning. With that being said I can’t justify it as being a reason not to switch it. I watched the arguments from yesterday and the camp owners complaining didn’t sit well with me. I was far more sympathetic for the hunters who have kids and can’t get off work on Monday to take them out. I truly believe a Saturday opener gives more hunters a opportunity to go compared to a Monday opener.

Steelie, you get it. Tradition in PA has died and buried a very long tome ago. IMO, it's just the "chain smokers and boozers" who are against this change. And they never leave the cabin anyway! Let's get the working man and his family in the woods for the opener. "JUST DO IT" :wink2: CleoW

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Without Sunday's a Saturday start is pointless.

I joined a camp in NY mainly because I can hunt Saturday and Sundays. For the first day we just head up Friday. So my one day of vacation gets me 2 days to hunt. In pa taking off the first day gets me 2 days at camp and one day to hunt. For the social/drinker guys I can see the advantage....I'm more into the hunt.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Lol. Not what I meant, but I’m sure that’s the next event on the horizon from a change perspective.

I’m more bracing for a lively stretch here on HPA....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Good luck TDD!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts