The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
What a shocker! The PGC is possibly going to get more money and they are happy about it.

I guess since everything else is going up in price we should not be surprised.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I did notice they propose a $10.00 increase for a muzzelloader tag but only a $5.00 increase for a archery tag , makes me wonder about there reasoning . no matter i expect this bill to get pushed in the corner and ignored , as it should be until the pheasant stamp is addressed .

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
when i complained about the price of gas and how it affected my hunting when it was over 3.00 a gallon i got a civics lesson on economy and supply and demand. It has to be price fixing, i mean who calls the station owners and tells them to raise the price every few days, it went up 20 cents today.

all those station owners just didnt wake up and decide that today it was going up 20 cents and then said "wow, all of us had the same idea"

so if the PGC gets a license increase and it starts to affect our hunting whats the difference. less hunters in the woods equal more deer for me and increases my chance at a bigger buck. less hunters in woods means the deer wont be as disturbed and should stay on their regular patterns.

this increase is a win-win situation. raise it sky high.

forget the pheasant stamp just go to a preserve, thats all PA is anyway. nothing to hunt unless it gets stocked.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Would be more than willing to forget about the pheasant stamp if the pgc would forget about stocking them . As for license cost , sky-high wont bother me , i just swipe my drivers license and out the door i go , no charge.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Re: Hunting License Fee Increase

bohunr said:
when i complained about the price of gas and how it affected my hunting when it was over 3.00 a gallon i got a civics lesson on economy and supply and demand. It has to be price fixing, i mean who calls the station owners and tells them to raise the price every few days, it went up 20 cents today.

all those station owners just didnt wake up and decide that today it was going up 20 cents and then said "wow, all of us had the same idea"

so if the PGC gets a license increase and it starts to affect our hunting whats the difference. less hunters in the woods equal more deer for me and increases my chance at a bigger buck. less hunters in woods means the deer wont be as disturbed and should stay on their regular patterns.

this increase is a win-win situation. raise it sky high.

forget the pheasant stamp just go to a preserve, thats all PA is anyway. nothing to hunt unless it gets stocked.

·
Registered
12,208 Posts

That kind of increase will discourage the casual hunters from buying licenses. Hunting for the die hard will still be a deal. I am afraid the loss in license sales will be higher than expected.

·
Registered
12,208 Posts

I don't buy a fur takers license because it is not worth while for the few traps I would set to remove raccoons and other pests. I buy a muzzle loader stamp because my main hunting for deer is the flint season. It is not like there is any small game left to hunt.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts

If you got all the licenses, if you think about it..it would cost you less than 30 cents a day for the year...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

zimmerstutzen said:
That kind of increase will discourage the casual hunters from buying licenses. Hunting for the die hard will still be a deal. I am afraid the loss in license sales will be higher than expected.
Pretty much. I will still pay to play and buy my archery stamp and two doe tags. On the other hand I wont buy buying my wife a license, archery stamp and two doe tags like I have been for quite awhile just in case she feels like hunting this year. The price increase was inevitable. I don't think it will be as well received by that casual hunters like my wife as they may expect.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I've once again contacted my representatives and asked them not to support this fee increase. There is both a right and wrong way to base fees, and Bill 1148 isn't the way it's done.

·
Registered
19,783 Posts

Its way over due. Everything has increased over the past 17 years, except the number of hunters.
Lower number of licenses sold, higher expenses means the PGC has less cash to do more work.
If this passes, history dictates the cost of a license here will not go up again until 2033

Gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
12,208 Posts

Lets see license for $30 and $10. muzzle loader stamp, for the fun of hunting two weeks after Christmas.

Why do Archers get off so cheap? As I recall in Virginia, a hunter could buy a general hunting license, good only for small game. To hunt deer, turkey or bear, a hunter had to buy a BIG game License, same price again. Then county damage stamps, National Forest stamps etc.

When I get my heated deer tower built, then the $40 will be worth it.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts