The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my news letter [pennsylvania federation of black powder shooters]just wondering if any buddy plan on attending the dinner banquet in mar was thinking of going to meet new people

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I will not be going to the dinner, but they will be having their state shoot at our club, Whispering Pines, in August 2013.

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
Would someone please post the info on the PFBPS here so we can all see and possibly join? I know I want to join. I don`t even know how I never heard of them until now and have been shooting BP for over 20 years!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
octagon said:
Would someone please post the info on the PFBPS here so we can all see and possibly join? I know I want to join. I don`t even know how I never heard of them until now and have been shooting BP for over 20 years!! Thanks.
The contact person is:
Wayne Flora
1-570-275-4349
The cost is $20.00 I think but I am not sure. This includes the "shoot book" which lists all the shoots of all the clubs that are members of the federation and a news letter.
There are about 35 clubs listed, so a person could shoot and rendezvous every weekend of the year without leaving Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
$12 for members over 18 yrs of age, family membership includes an adult and kids under 18, for $14.00. Wayne's wife Eleanor is the secretary.

The Federation isn't quite as large as it had been 25 yrs ago, but then again, neither is muzzle loading. I still have some of my old books from the late 1980's, and early 1990's. Some of the old dealers and traders are long gone. The Pa Rifle Shoppe, Weeping Heart Trade Co, etc.

Very reasonable cost for a year calendar of shoots, matches and rendy's. Contains a calendar listing shoots by date and a page for each club with contact information and maps. However a few clubs are not members or listed in the book. The Tomahawks of York County and Delta Peach Bottom are not last I checked.

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
Oct,every year there is a booth set up at the mall in Washington by the Gander Mtn durin the Sportsman Show in Feb.I think that group is the National Muzzleloading Assn.I was gonna join a dozen times but never have.I think your membership also gets you Muzzleblast mag.They have a local chapter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts