The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new season of Pheasants Forever TV will start July 2nd on the Outdoor Channel. #606 on Direct TV. Don't know about other TV systems.

• Fridays at 2 AM EDT

• Fridays at 8:30 AM EDT

• Sundays at 4 PM EDT

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I am not able to get that station!I used to get the DVD for my birthday,what a great gift,but it is no longer available!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Does anybody think the TV series will ever do a piece on one of the WPRA in Pa? I think it would be a good topic for the series. They seem to focus on the Dakota's, Kansas and the rest of the mid west states. I think they should shed some light on what is happening in Pa.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FLDBRED said:
I am not able to get that station!I used to get the DVD for my birthday,what a great gift,but it is no longer available!
FLBRED, season three is now available on DVD.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bwire said:
Does anybody think the TV series will ever do a piece on one of the WPRA in Pa? I think it would be a good topic for the series. They seem to focus on the Dakota's, Kansas and the rest of the mid west states. I think they should shed some light on what is happening in Pa.
I wouldn't hold your breath. Pheasants Forever is not in the habit of promoting trap and transfer as a way of increasing pheasant populations. They like to promote habitat as the key to increasing pheasant numbers. In much of the pheasant range that is absolutely true. In PA we had no wild population to build on so a trap and transfer was our only option. They support what we're doing here but they don't want people to think that the way to get pheasants on their farm is to trap and transfer them there. If they have no pheasants on their farm in the midwest it's most likely due to the fact they have bad habitat.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
LynnAppelman said:
FLDBRED said:
FLBRED, season three is now available on DVD.
Lynn,I have the first three seasons,they don't produce the DVD any more!My birthday is in October,what a great gift it was.The only problem was I wanted to watch the whole thing all at once!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts