The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I'd like to see Pete and Shoeless Joe get in!!
You know what, so would I. To me the baseball hall of fame should be about merit, based upon their ability on the field. How are their stats, not how moral is their character. Can you imagine the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame measuring the character of their inductees before being voted on? How about the Football Hall of Fame, any misbehavior in any of those inductees?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Back when , my grandfather umpired in the Sally league(South Atlantic). There was another old timer(ump) there that had umped games that " Shoeless Joe" played in and he knew him. So much for 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. I'm at 2 degrees with Joe Jackson, Jimmy Carter, Adolph Rupp, Pistol Pete Maravich and on and on!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The punishment doesn't fit the crime. They should have fined the crap out of him, suspended him even worse bench him and let him watch for a season. IT'S A STINKING GAME! not life. Let him in, He'll always be impeached. lol

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Let’s not forget, it was Pete Rose who agreed to a lifetime ban. He and only he is to blame for his situation.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
And those people that agreed to give Madoff their money are not victims just poor investors. right DC. Waugh!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
He was banned from baseball and that was the right thing to do But by extension he was banned from the Hall of Fame and that is not the right thing to do. Correct the wrong. The lifetime Ban from baseball is the problem. Reinstate him with the agreement he can not participate in MLB activities. He is not banned from going to a MLB game so why is he banned from induction into the Hall of Fame?

Heck I bet on baseball and was allowed in. Waugh!

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Sorry to say but I think if Pete was another flavor he would not be having these issues carrying over into HOF selection.

I am sure he agreed to the lifetime ban thinking it was going to save him a lot more embarrassment coming out and agreed to cut his losses and never imagined, unlike other professional sports, that lifetime meant a lifetime.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
And those people that agreed to give Madoff their money are not victims just poor investors. right DC. Waugh!

Madoff is a thief and convicted felon. The investors are victims of his thievery. I don’t see what that has to do with Pete Rose.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I am sure he agreed to the lifetime ban thinking it was going to save him a lot more embarrassment coming out and agreed to cut his losses and never imagined, unlike other professional sports, that lifetime meant a lifetime
Pete knew if the entire story got out he would be forever banned just like the Black Sox players were. He took a chance on the lifetime ban hoping, that somewhere down the road, he’d be allowed back in and the story would wither on the vine. Pete took the gamble and so far has lost.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Then if we are going to be so holy remove Ivan Rodriguez, Jeff Bagwell and Mike Piazza for their PED usage while they were players. This also shows low character...got to be fair across the board.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The Hall is hollow without including the all time hits leader. All hits were before he was accused of betting on baseball. Waugh!

I’ve always said, Pete has the numbers to be in the Hall. He just doesn’t have the integrity.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Then if we are going to be so holy remove Ivan Rodriguez, Jeff Bagwell and Mike Piazza for their PED usage while they were players. This also shows low character...got to be fair across the board.

I’m with you, give those guys the boot.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I see now a push to get Curt Flood inducted to the Hall. I guess it is not a Hall of baseball anymore. Waugh!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts