The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. (AP) - Gary Ross Dahl, the creator of the wildly popular 1970s fad the Pet Rock, has died at age 78 in southern Oregon.

Dahl's wife, Marguerite Dahl, confirmed Tuesday that her husband of 40 years died March 23 of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

The smooth stones came packed in a cardboard box containing a tongue-in-cheek instruction pamphlet for "care and feeding." Dahl estimated he had sold 1.5 million of them at roughly $4 each by the time the fad fizzled. The Pet Rock required no work and no time commitment.

Born Dec. 18, 1936, in Bottineau, North Dakota, Dahl was raised in Spokane, Washington.

In 1975, he was a Los Gatos, California, advertising executive when he came up with the Pet Rock idea.

Dahl also penned "Advertising for Dummies."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/obituaries/...IOt24d7Ykvki.99

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Wow, if he invented rocks, I would have thought he would be much older...............

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buzz said:
Wow, if he invented rocks, I would have thought he would be much older...............

Did you fail reading comprehension? He didn't invent rocks, he invented "Pet Rocks." Pay attention!!!

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
What's the difference between pet rocks and free range rocks...............and who invented free range rocks ??

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, that was that guy from a long time ago. Claims He made the entire Earth in 7 days.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Sorry to hear about his death, We had a pet rock back in the day...Can anyone guess what it`s name was?...

·
Administrator
29,576 Posts
RIP Mr. Dahl.

(Gee, it seems like every time we turn on the news we hear of another rock star from the sixties and seventies passing away.)

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
DIYASUB said:
RIP Mr. Dahl.

(Gee, it seems like every time we turn on the news we hear of another rock star from the sixties and seventies passing away.)
ouch.............

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
I had a pet rock but my wife forgot to feed it, and her artificial flowers and they died.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts