The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out Lancaster Online. Our wonderful GC strikes again. They seized a house finch from a lady that had it for four years. The law is the law but give the lady a break.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I felt the same way and actually commented that way, BUT then I saw that the knucklehead had an article written about having the bird. Her dumbness gave the PGC no other choice. Sometimes people just need to shut their mouths

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
VWOOD said:
Check out Lancaster Online. Our wonderful Gestapo strikes again. They seized a house finch from a lady that had it for four years. The law is the law but give the lady a break.
They did give her a break, no fine. They had no choice but to take the bird it's federally protected.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Already a post on this in the general hunting forum. Best to have only one thread.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
jkhunter said:
VWOOD said:
Check out Lancaster Online. Our wonderful GC strikes again. They seized a house finch from a lady that had it for four years. The law is the law but give the lady a break.

They did give her a break, no fine. They had no choice but to take the bird it's federally protected.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If they allowed her to keep the finch...they should allow me to keep the bluejay I found....and let my friend keep the possum he found, etc. Law enforcement officers can't tell someone it's ok to do something illegal. They don't have that power.LEOs swear an oath to uphold the laws passed by your elected representatives. We don't write the law, we just take the abuse for enforcing it.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
John S said:
Already a post on this in the general hunting forum. Best to have only one thread.
But John,
This posting is much smaller....get in your post here and it gets seen over a long post!

Some years back, I bought a pair of Mandarin Ducks out of a Catalog from Ohio...This was year old Drake and Hen Mandarins...I posted about it on here..You John, Sited the Law on those Birds...I had a pair of Mandarin Ducks that were ILLEGAL! As you had stated back then, IF I had Bought those ducks from a Licensed Person who lives in the State of Pennsylvania, My Ducks would have Been LEGAL!

So, To keep from getting a State and Federal Fine for those ducks, their lives Ended!

I was a little upset about what had happened, But WHO did I have to Blame for it??? The PGC?? The USF&WS??
NO!!! I had MYSELF to BLAME...I did NOT Research the law on Migratory Waterfowl and buying them!

This Lady has NO ONE to Blame but herself!!!!

She and the Reporter of the News Paper are trying to lay the Blame on the PGC....The PGC Did NOT Tell her to go out and pick up that bird when it fell from the nest and then keep it and have it for 4 years!
She was in Violation of a Law, State AND Federal Law!!!

Stop Crying for this Woman!! SHE VIOLATED the LAW, NOT the PGC!!!!

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
There are times when the law really is an arse. For instance, if I see a deer hit along the road, laying along the side bleating, flopping flailing broken legs and blood everywhere. It is against the law for me to show some compassion and end it's sufferring. I have done it twice during my life. If a WCO charged me, there would be an incredible up roar in the media.

This lady did bring it on herself/ Frankly, after the stories about killing confiscated fawns, one has to wonder. Did someone wring it's head off already?

Two years ago, about Memorial Day,a neighbor came upon a dead doe with a fawn standing on the road next to it. He called it in. Given the current state, I'd have to think about whether I would call it in.

I also remember the folks with the carolina squirrel they had legally, but the PGC confiscated.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I dont get some people...There are people on this forum that complain when WCO arnt doing their job and then when they are they still complain. There is so much complaining about such things its so sick. All I have to say is, if there is a law no matter how small it should be upheld and if not enforce whoever violates it and charge everyone equally

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
There are times when the law really is an arse. For instance, if I see a deer hit along the road, laying along the side bleating, flopping flailing broken legs and blood everywhere. It is against the law for me to show some compassion and end it's sufferring. I have done it twice during my life. If a WCO charged me, there would be an incredible up roar in the media.

This lady did bring it on herself/ Frankly, after the stories about killing confiscated fawns, one has to wonder. Did someone wring it's head off already?

Two years ago, about Memorial Day,a neighbor came upon a dead doe with a fawn standing on the road next to it. He called it in. Given the current state, I'd have to think about whether I would call it in.

I also remember the folks with the carolina squirrel they had legally, but the PGC confiscated.
I'll never understand why people would run to the media and tell them their business, I'm sure telling the world you illegally killed a deer on the side of the road will go over just the way you want it to. They definitely won't spin that one against hunters (sarcasm)

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
JKhunter, read it again more carefully this time. If you don't understand it yet, read it again.

There are laws that when applied to some instances are contrary to all morality. "If a WCO charged me, there would be an incredible up roar in the media. " ie, if charged, I would go to the media.

Once again, (1)if a deer was terminally injured, and (2) visible sufferring and(3) I put it out of it's sufferring and (4) A WCO charged me, THEN I would go to the media.

If the law says I must leave an animal suffer for an hour or two, then as Shakespeare wrote, "the law is an [censored]." One would have to wonder about the morality and conscience of any person that would leave the animal suffer needlessly. Maybe YOU? They may not spin it against the hunters but if I had been charged, I guarantee, the PGC would not be flattered.

(In the second such incidence, I actually called the Commission, reported the incident and told them I was going to end it's misery. Nothing happened.) Hey I saved the commission the cost of a bullet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
People go to the media when they get caught doing something wrong because they don't want to be held accountable for their actions, it's always someone elses fault...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts