The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gordons 0.5% premix sheep and goat spray I had ran out. Tractor supply only had a small bottle of concentrate. It is 10% concentrate. Directions only supply ounces per gallon for different applications. The math I did is confusing me. I want to mix up a gallon at 0.5%. Direction for dogs is 1:200 Is that ok for clothes?
Font Material property Paper Document Paper product

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
No! It aint okay for your clothes. The stuff for animals is oil based so it doesn't come right off the livestock or K9. It will never dry right on you clothes. Get the stuff from repel or sawyer to treat your clothes. I'm in the woods every day and I use both the repel spray type or the pump spray from sawyer. Both work well. The more times you treat your stuff the better it works.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No! It aint okay for your clothes. The stuff for animals is oil based so it doesn't come right off the livestock or K9. It will never dry right on you clothes. Get the stuff from repel or sawyer to treat your clothes. I'm in the woods every day and I use both the repel spray type or the pump spray from sawyer. Both work well. The more times you treat your stuff the better it works.
The premixed I had was not oil based. I used several gallons over the years. I just checked the new bottle of concentrate and noticed it is oil based. It doesnt smell the same either. Thanks for the heads up, I forgot to check when I bought it.
Had just enough of the old stuff to do my jacket and overalls for rifle.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here’s what I use. Water based and seems to work well.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
While you're probably correct,I've been using the oil based concoction for years and I never get ticks imbedded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts