The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are expecting our first child, a girl, the end of January. It seems to me that a youth model rifle would be the perfect baby shower gift...

I may end up buying her a gun before she is even born. Is that abnormal?

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
And don't forget to get them their very first mentored permit- and get them every year. Makes a wonderful collection, and when they go along in cammo, display it on them.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
My first grandkid, a GRANDSON, is due April 7, 2012.

Yinz just gave me a perfect idea.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I'll guess a gun; a little camo jacket, BDU's; a mentored permit with license holder, and a pair of hunting boots? LOL

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
my lil guy is coming in January. he WILL get a gun......or 2.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I got my first child, a daughter, a reloading kit for Christmas.
Also for Christmas, my newly born grandson is getting a camo hat, "Life's A Game - Hunting is Serious", also got him a Primos Deer Calling Pack, with instructional DVD. Don't know if he needs the DVD, other to verify what I teach him! LOL. Told his Mom and Dad I'm waiting for his first birthday to get him a new .22

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
At some point, probably around the age of 6,7, or 8, I'll get him a membership to a local gun glub that holds youth rifle shooting clubs and competitions. (.22 to start) That's how I started out and it pays off every single year.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
My club has 22 shoots for youth every Sunday.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Down in Wash County I assume? Whereabouts?

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Roscoe Sportsman's Association. Right off of rte. 88.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Gotcha.....just below Long Branch. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
They do youth field days and all kinds of other events too. They are in the process of getting a bunch of members certified as HTE instructors.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Im 39 now but my great grandpa bought me a rem 760 in .270 caliber the day I was born in 1972. I was the first great grandson for him. I don't rifle hunt any more only archery but I still have that gun and think about him. I think it is a gift that will last a few life times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts