The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope the scoring onslaught continues tonite!!!

LET'S GO PENS...LET'S GO PENS!!!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>LET'S GO PENS!</span>

....and just so I can complain about it after the game without getting jumped on too badly: The officiating always seems to be lopsided when a US teams plays in Eastern Canada. We'll see if that still reigns true tonight.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Wow. If only we'd have had Sid. Not a bad performance tonight really, considering what we lost early in the day. When you have Deryk Engelland playing wing, you know it's getting bad.

The Pens had better get some fight back into them, and start dropping the gloves. Sid and Geno are getting abused lately. I can't wait for Godard to get back, if Bylsma puts him in instead of thinking he's above that kind of hockey.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Not a bad performance? Outside of the 1st period they looked like garbage. All that fire and intensity disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd and their high paid offseason signing Michalek's mishandling of the puck led directly to the Habs' lone goal.

I don't care if this team has Sid and Geno, when they play strong defensive teams they stink up the joint. That doesn't bode well for the next few games. After the Wild on Saturday they play the Bruins and then the Habs again and then the Bruins again and then The Wings. This team isn't as good as many say they are. Beyond center they have no depth. Now Bylsma just said that Sid has a concussion and will probably be out at least a week. Good luck scoring enough goals to beat these teams coming up with guys like Dupuis, Kennedy and Asham carrying the load. I think you can kiss Sid's scoring title run goodbye, the Pens lead in the east goodbye and Geno struggling to try to get something going out there.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I would assume one of the "A" sweaters....Orpik or Malkin right now I think.

Given that they were missing #87 and supreme agitator #24 I'll take it. It was a tight game and both teams put in a lot of effort. I'm happy to say that I have no complaints about the officiating. After regulation it's anyone's game.

Staal still needs to get up to game speed/condition. That'll take a couple weeks. He's already a force out there and only stands to get better. Once he tickles the twine I think we'll all see him get better and better.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I guess if you're going to lose, its better to get at least one point.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Sometimes they lose and I'm upset about it because of how they played. I don't think they played poorly last night....thusly, I'm not upset about a loss. Getting a point out of it doesn't hurt though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts