The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be a great series coming up. The intrastate hatred will get fired back up for a playoff round. Anyone who is still in it at this point certainly deserves to be. The Flyers played some really good hockey this spring and the Pens are not playing as well as they have the past couple years. Who do you think will win this series?

It's a tough one for me to call because I'm not sure which defense of the Pens will show up. If the Pens play good defense I think they'll win in 6 games. If they play defense like the past month, then it could be the Flyers in 6.

The Pens are my team. I'm not sure they'll win a third straight cup, but I do think they'll win this series in 6. Go Pens!!!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I am 100% convinced the Pens will not win a cup this year without MAF.They would not have even came close without him last year let alone win it.Murray will never win a cup on his own without a HAF goalie like MAF is.This series can go either way and I think it will all come down to who can take advantage of PP opportunities and who can be disciplined and not give PP opportunities.Killin PP,s for both teams will be huge.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'm hoping Penquins in 6 games, but who knows. Our Defense is questionable for sure.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Considering that the Pigeons won every game in the series this year... without much trouble.... I don't have much hope for my boys.... BUT MORE THAN YOU PIGEONS FANS it seems ... >:)

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Murray hasn't had as good of year and our defense has been shaky. The Flyer's goalie situation is worse though. I think the Pens win it in 6.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Pens in 6 over the Floppers...Home field advantage wins in this one.....

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
When it comes to hockey I am a Flyer's first type of guy. So running with my heart I bleed orange and black. However betting with my head I have to say the Flyers don't have the defense or goal tending to beat the Pens. We can score with them all day until the end of the day. Hoping for another Broad St parade but not expecting to run deep. Waugh!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Only 2 points separate these teams. The Pens have more wins but also have more losses. In a good year I would be proud to say we are only 2 points behind the Pens but this is not a real good year for any of these two teams. Best of luck to both but....... Go Flyers. Waugh!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Murray won a cup the previous year without Fleury. Murray won’t cost the Pens the Cup this year; their lousy defense will.
Well when we see him give up more soft goals and his glove hand missin just about everything not countin that he is as weak as peanut brittle he,ll be lucky to come out of the first series win or lose without some time off because of another boo boo.

·
20,123 Posts
I feel good about the Pens in 5. Not that I think it will be an easy 5 and the Flyers are certainly a good team capable of playing with the Penguin's but they are young in a lot of cases and not particularly experienced at playoff hockey . Also the Flyers goal tending situation isn't a very good one right now. I just think the Pens are going to be able score enough to win most of the games. Again, no disrespect to the Flyers. They are a quality opponent. I think they're time is definitely coming but I don't think it's this year.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
I am 100% convinced the Pens will not win a cup this year without MAF. They would not have even came close without him last year let alone win it. Murray will never win a cup on his own without a HAF goalie like MAF is.This series can go either way and I think it will all come down to who can take advantage of PP opportunities and who can be disciplined and not give PP opportunities. Killin PP,s for both teams will be huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
Murray won a cup the previous year without Fleury. Murray won’t cost the Pens the Cup this year; their lousy defense will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
Well when we see him give up more soft goals and his glove hand missin just about everything not countin that he is as weak as peanut brittle he,ll be lucky to come out of the first series win or lose without some time off because of another boo boo.[/QUOTE]

You seem to forget that several years ago in the 2012 playoffs Fleury was leakier than Murray ever was. The Pens gave up 33 goals in six games to the Flyers and Fleury was on the ice for most (26) of them. They got another goalie, Vokoun, the next year as a backup, and he replaced Fleury part way through the first playoff series because Fleury was so bad. Fleury worked through it in the next year and became a good goalie again. Murray hasn't struggled nearly as much as Fleury did then, but deserves the chance to work through it. After two Cups in two seasons, I give Sully the benefit of the doubt on who he thinks his goalie should be. Murray has been injury prone this year, I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Pens in 5. I don't have any real good reason other than homer gut feelings!

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Considering that the Pigeons won every game in the series this year... without much trouble.... I don't have much hope for my boys.... BUT MORE THAN YOU PIGEONS FANS it seems ... >:)
But that doesn't mean a whole lot now.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts