I'm throwing up in my mouth.....again!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
meh, it's not very reputable.....

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I heard that Scotty Bowman has given McGuire a ringing enforsement for the role of GM.

Hmm. Scotty Bowman has his name on the Stanley Cup 13 times as a player, coach, and member of the front office. None of us have our names on the cup. While I'm not sure about McGuires credentials, I tend to listen when someone of Bowman's credentials speak regarding hockey.

·
Registered
20,503 Posts
Washpa Randy said:
I heard that Scotty Bowman has given McGuire a ringing enforsement for the role of GM.

Hmm. Scotty Bowman has his name on the Stanley Cup 13 times as a player, coach, and member of the front office. None of us have our names on the cup. While I'm not sure about McGuires credentials, I tend to listen when someone of Bowman's credentials speak regarding hockey.
Yeah, when the winningest guy in the history of the sport weighs in, you have to consider what he says.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Danesdad said:
Washpa Randy said:

Yeah, when the winningest guy in the history of the sport weighs in, you have to consider what he says.
....and then consider he's his buddy. Thusly should not be considered on grounds of favoritism. Quierre has done nothing of value when was involved in the NHL years ago.

Should we believe Paul Coffey was a great D-man just because Bob Errey has a shrine in his basement idolizing the guy? Or, rather, should we base the assessment on his actual play?

·
20,123 Posts
I called it a month ago with that initial report. I'm telling ya.....he's the next GM. I could care less who it is just as long as the team goes in another direction. I'd rather change, take a risk, and lose big then stay the same.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
I called it a month ago with that initial report. I'm telling ya.....he's the next GM. I could care less who it is just as long as the team goes in another direction. I'd rather change, take a risk, and lose big then stay the same.
Why on God's green earth would you want to lose big and keep it that way???????????

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Quierre is as 'sof' as they come and doesn't believe in a tough, physical game. He detests fighting in the NHL. He's more likely to field a team of talent that gets nothing accomplished and can't stand up for themselves or each other than ANYONE else I can think of.

·
20,123 Posts
You mean like Shero did??? I dont care. I just want meaningful change. That's all I've wanted for the last 2 season. Some type of meaningful change. What I was saying is that I would rather take a chance with Perrire then stay the same as they are right now. The outcome is already written without major change. Id rather risk hiring this guy and fail then do nothing at all. I really dont care who they hire as long as he takes the team in a different direction. Changing thus failing and missing the playoffs would be more inviting to me then just continuing along the current path.

My President/CEO looked me square in the eyes yesteday and said......'Zak, you dont get anywhere unless you take some risks'. I nodded in agreement, turned to walk away, and said to myself 'easy for you to say when you're not the one that's going to get fired for taking this risk' hahaahaa. Just some random thoughts there.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Change for the sake of change can sometimes be worse than not changing at all. The goal should be to improve, not go backwards.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Not saying that it is a piece of cake, but it isn't rocket science either...

Simply look at teams like LA, New York, Boston, and Chicago and see how they have built their teams:

Good forward depth and balance
Strong team D
Strong physical presence all over the ice
Steady goaltending

Ever since 2009 the Pens seem to have the attitude that all they need to succeed is Malkin and Crosby and that the rest of the lineup will "work itself out". Sorry, doesn't work that way jack. Can't have a roster with 3 guys that can score, followed by a bunch of AHL talent smurfs...

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
SPOT ON!

TraskOutdoors said:
Not saying that it is a piece of cake, but it isn't rocket science either...

Simply look at teams like LA, New York, Boston, and Chicago and see how they have built their teams:

Good forward depth and balance
Strong team D
Strong physical presence all over the ice
Steady goaltending

Ever since 2009 the Pens seem to have the attitude that all they need to succeed is Malkin and Crosby and that the rest of the lineup will "work itself out". Sorry, doesn't work that way jack. Can't have a roster with 3 guys that can score, followed by a bunch of AHL talent smurfs...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Jim Rutherford is going to be announced as the new GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins. #TSN

1 - 20 of 168 Posts