The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I mean it's not as hard as they dramatize it, but I do gotta find my checkbook and stamps I only use a couple times a year. I mostly think it's absurd there isn't one statewide antlerless tag, so you have to be tied to one or two WMUs for doe hunting. I like to roam and see new parts of the state.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
But we always did it that way. You know, like walking instead of riding a horse then riding a horse instead of using an automobile. The pink envelope is just another nail in the coffin of modern day hunter recruitment.
If the pink envelope actually stops anyone from hunting, then we are far better off without that person among our ranks.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
He sure does make a new process look simple.

Unfortunately he overlooked a few things in the video. The applicant would now have to drive to a issuing agent, for me that is a minimum of 20 minutes one way. The applicant would also have to wait in line with all of the other hunters who are trying to get their antlerless license at the same time; how long will that wait be 5, 10, 20, 30, 45, 60 minutes? With the current process I can fill out the application/check and walk it to my mailbox in under 10 minutes.

So for comparison; the current process I will have under 10 minutes of time and $1.20 in stamps invested per application. With the process that they are suggesting I will have a minimum of 1 hour and around $5.00 in fuel invested per application.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
18,980 Posts
Just sell a doe license to all that want one when they buy their license. The first round almost never sells out, and if it did what is a few over the guessed at allocation based on a estimated population constructed from a estimated harvest. If there are left over allocations after the first license phase than go to a first come first served on line or at a license issue point. Just need a cut off date for the license purchase to get the automatic doe lice with WMU of choice. Making that date the same as the date we now mail in would keep everything on schedule for second round chances. Waugh!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
It is time, well way past the time for them to die. And I did see the video. Very poorly made and very "whiney".
I wish this state would progress out of the 1950's, but until the boomers give it up we will never see any forward thinking in Pa.

Que the head horse thingy.

1 - 20 of 764 Posts