The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anyone feel at least some pride in being a PA folk? And feel they fit the stereotype and like that? I do and am proud of it! Also what things make you Pennsylvanian? (I'm thinking of things from a Outdoorsy perspective and everyday)

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Proud through and through! It "ain't" perfect anywhere. I have been across the country and always long to come home. If you live inthe city drive 20 miles and smell the woods. If you live in the country drive 20 miles and eat in the best restaurants. Lakes, rivers, and streams like no other place. I wouldn't change it for anything!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I will never move out of PA. To much family, tradition, and good old fashion fun. Heck, I don't think I would ever move out of the 'burgh with the Pirates playin' so well!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I love where I'm at, but if a position opens up in Alaska(I check weekly), I wouldn't hesitate to transfer.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I love PA. But with that said after 35 years I'm pretty much bored with it. I need a change of scenery and am leaning towards northern New England or the west. It's not because I don't love PA mind you but I have enjoyed it long enough and can't wait to try something new. I'm outta here at some point.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to have been in all 50 states and even with its faults still like Pa. the best. If I had to go elewhere would be either Kentucky or Montana or Arizona around Flagstaff.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Penna has everything I need or want. Fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, 1.5 baseball teams, 2 football teams, 4 seperate seasons. The people are easy going, willing to help and pretty frinedly. I would not move out unles I had to. However, never would I live in the Washington, DC area or Florida.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've been to alot of different states over the years but I just love Pa.
What other state gets called by it's abbreviation instead of it's full name.
Also all the scenery,fishing, hunting,decent weather,and the occasional mountain lion and bigfoot sightings,
Sorry,had to toss that in there.
I just love this state.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Shoo fly pie in your veins makes you a true Pennsylvanian! It's as natural as winning Superbowls, getting your trout from a truck, and having the first day of deer season as a paid holiday amost everywhere.

·
Banned
265 Posts
It would be difficult to top Pennsylvania for outdoor pursuits. Elk may be bigger, mule deer more majestic when mounted onthe wall, but for the entire panoply of game, birds, fish, and just fine folks Pa has the rest beat hands down. All we need now is more snow next winter! (Couldn't resist.)

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Don't get me wrong I have no beef with good ole PA but after having been in forty states I'm ready to see what living somewhere else is like. Especially somewhere near some Moose.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I love Pa, love hunting deer, bear, and the fishing opportunities that pymatuning and lake erie give me, and going to steelers games, I've traveled to alot of states, would love to spend time hunting in alaska, but I'll always live here, lots of family and great things to do.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I was in SD a couple years ago. I was staying at a motel along the Missouri river. At night when we got back with our pheasants for the day, there were many mule and whitetail buck that would shame most deer in PA. There were other people coming in with stringers full of walleyes. I like PA but it doesn't compare to the west.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
LynnAppelman said:
I like PA but it doesn't compare to the west.
So true and I've sampled the western states and their bountiful amounts of game many times....But by the end of the week, I'm ready to return to Pa.......

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Not me. I hate coming back home especially from South Dakota. I've often contemplated the consequences if I wouldn't come home.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was born and raised in Pa. I have lived here in Oklahoma for 40 years. We have excellent hunting and fishing here (some really awesome deer hunting), but the one thing missing is the camaraderie. Maybe it is the group of guys I have decided to associate with, but the group closeness is just not the same. I have been returning to Pa a couple times per year since the mid 70's to hunt and regardless of how long I've been gone the gang I hunt with in Pa act toward me as if they just saw me and hunted with me in the past week. We moved back to Pa (2003-08) to care for family members. My wife being from Ok. had a pre conceived idea about the people from "back east", however she loved the area and the people she worked with. We moved back to Oklahome in 08 to be close to her son and our grand kids, however it is she that is wanting to move back to Pa., so we are now on a quest to relocate. Pa certainly is not perfect, but after living elsewhere for most of my adult life I can say that it is tops on my list of places to live/hunt. Sorry for the ramble.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Pa. may not be the west,but what says Pennsylvania,more then heading to deer camp the weekend after Thanksgiving.Although many of our trout are stocked,I can fish for them 5 min. from my home,and I live in Philadelphia,I don't think many other states can make that claim.When it comes to hunting and fishing in Pa.I guess what makes us unique is tradition,not many other places can make the same claim.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts