The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Pennsylvania veterans offered

13K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Guest3 
#1 ·
Pennsylvania veterans offered special hunting opportunity
Posted by MARCUS SCHNECK, The Patriot-News Tuesday July 28, 2009, 7:24 AM

The Blue Mountain Chapter of Safari Club International is seeking a veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan Wars to send on an exclusive big game hunt, including air travel, meals, licenses, permits and more.

An anonymous donor offered the chapter to chance to make the hunt available to two men or women from Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Perry, York or other local county, with at least one tour of duty to their credit.

Individuals with physical restrictions will be accommodated. For applications or more information, contact chapter Board Member John Mike at (717) 307-1092.

#11 ·
No My friend you have not been forgotten, I for one appreciate every thing you have done (except the guidelines for CPO initiation... boy I can still taste that baluit) You guys set the standards for others to follow which over time has faded to a political fish fry.

Now days there are way too many yes sir's than hard core manual motivation/leadership from the deckplates.

ya ever make it to the land of the oldest brewery I would sponsor a hunt for an old Goatlocker friend.

Ron

#12 ·
I have great respect for the veterans of the Vietnam War. My father was a Marine in the Vietnam War. I thought about joining the military after graduating high school but my father talked me out of it due to the bad experiences he lived through. I support our current veterans too! Thanks for serving our country.

#23 ·
LOL as a member of the PLO (Poloywog Liberation Org) I snuck into the Chiefs mess and put all of thier coffee mugs thru the diswasher. I spent the rest of the night hiding in the flag bag on the signal bridge, till we crossed and the fun started.

#24 ·
Worst one they ever got me with was my first day of checkin in as PFC on Okinawa. Corporal sent me into the Gunny's office to report and ask for a Pr!ck E-7 to take to the warehouse. Being that it was a Comm Bn, I didn't even give it a second thought, until the Gunnery Sgt (E-7) almost tossed me through his office wall.

Also searched the warehouse for a crate of "grid squares and for a "50 yard roll of flight line" for a whole afternoon and couldn't figure it why everyone else thought it was hilarious.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.