The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pennsylvania veterans offered special hunting opportunity
Posted by MARCUS SCHNECK, The Patriot-News Tuesday July 28, 2009, 7:24 AM

The Blue Mountain Chapter of Safari Club International is seeking a veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan Wars to send on an exclusive big game hunt, including air travel, meals, licenses, permits and more.

An anonymous donor offered the chapter to chance to make the hunt available to two men or women from Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Perry, York or other local county, with at least one tour of duty to their credit.

Individuals with physical restrictions will be accommodated. For applications or more information, contact chapter Board Member John Mike at (717) 307-1092.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This isn't an offer exclusively for disabled hunters, but they can accomidate a disabled hunter, so I placed the thread here.

Great offer!

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I actually hope that a disabled vet gets picked for that. They deserve something like that. Kudos to whoever pitched in to make this happen!! I would call in for myself, but the phone here is tough to come by.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MacKgee,

I can get you an email address if you'd like!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
102 Posts
No My friend you have not been forgotten, I for one appreciate every thing you have done (except the guidelines for CPO initiation... boy I can still taste that baluit) You guys set the standards for others to follow which over time has faded to a political fish fry.

Now days there are way too many yes sir's than hard core manual motivation/leadership from the deckplates.

ya ever make it to the land of the oldest brewery I would sponsor a hunt for an old Goatlocker friend.

Ron

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have great respect for the veterans of the Vietnam War. My father was a Marine in the Vietnam War. I thought about joining the military after graduating high school but my father talked me out of it due to the bad experiences he lived through. I support our current veterans too! Thanks for serving our country.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Thanks Senior Chief
Did you ever find the Relative Bearing Grease?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Retiredusne8 said:
Thanks Senior Chief
Did you ever find the Relative Bearing Grease?
Its stored next to the contact bearings. Down by the mail bouy!

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
Who let the seabat out of the box?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Birch812 said:
Who let the seabat out of the box?
OH NO!
Do you know how long it took me to catch that one?
I had an ensign tell me (as I was hitting him)"Let me alone
I'am trying to see the Seabat"

·
Registered
61 Posts
You folks are hysterical. Just readin those couple of posts put me back on my ship, crossing the equator. Thanks for the trip.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts