The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
In bow season I did not see or even heard of any others hunters in my area. Saw plenty of deer with no shot.Early rifle season seen other hunters only a few shots and deer just disappeared. I was able to get a 7 point on the second Friday.Then muzzy season started and deer are everywhere. I got a huge doe last Saturday and seeing about 15 deer on average when I go out... The difference is hunter pressure or the lack of.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I said Last yr that the Gameless commission was in HR mode again and got criticized. Fast forward to today and a Nitwit Rosenberry is recommending unlimited antleress doe tags statewide. As usual I was right. By far highest hunter density in the country and this idiot wants unlimited doe tags on a herd that is already reduced. I know it is CWD but I thought we were following the successful Illinois model, they are actually trying to increase the herd in some areas.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I said Last yr that the Gameless commission was in HR mode again and got criticized. Fast forward to today and a Nitwit Rosenberry is recommending unlimited antleress doe tags statewide. As usual I was right. By far highest hunter density in the country and this idiot wants unlimited doe tags on a herd that is already reduced. I know it is CWD but I thought we were following the successful Illinois model, they are actually trying to increase the herd in some areas.
Fun fact, the antlerless tags are still limited in total by WMU so for all the places that sell out by the second round this is a moot point. However this will allow hunters in places like 4A, which had almost 20,000 tags still available, to get more tags since it is apparent that there aren’t enough hunters in the WMU to purchase all of the tags.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
[/QUO
If ya can’t kill a deer in PA, ya just really ain’t trying!
If ya can’t kill a deer in PA, ya just really ain’t trying!
True that 25 yrs in a row on buck, last 12 only had to gun hunt once. Instead of more doe tags they need to start selling unlimited buck tags.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts