The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
been down for 4 days now. This is the first time that's happened since I've been browsing that site the last 2 years. I noticed in the server error message it's supposed to be running on an Amazon server. Wouldn't be surprised if Amazon shut down Rennug because they allow firearm postings.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.31 (Amazon) Server at classifieds.rennug.com Port 80

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm overall disgusted with the whole Rennug site. I had my account locked because I upset some of the "sellers" on the site asking they not offer trades for drastically overpriced mil-surplus and in asking for help from "Chris" I received nothing back. (This was just last month). Zero response from any admin or even a "bot". No one monitors the site on any regular basis from my viewpoint. I'm good now due to the time lapse but the inmates seem to be running the asylum. I always tried to flag scammers along with a few other good folks who didn't want the site to turn into another Armslist-Pennsylvania. Many guys not familiar with scammer tactics lost money on the site and we did our level best to keep them off of it! But with no regular monitoring by an admin, well............I guess this shutdown could have been expected. They may have been shutdown by the server owners but it's also possible it went down due to any number of issues such as equipment failure or hacking. I know the certificate for the site has needed updated for a good year! I have been a member for many years and bought and sold a lot on the site. It was a GREAT site to buy, sell and swap. But I guess all good things come to an end. I hope someone takes it over or some time can be given to the administration of it IF or WHEN it comes back. I met a lot of very good folks on there. Much more good than bad and it was a good reflection of the gun owning community.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been on the so long I had a personal name assigned to me. Everyone new has gotten pw#123456. There was a time it wasn't as well known and there was deals like you wouldn't believe ,good prices from individuals. Then it became like gun shop prices ,any deals and gun shops and or individuals bought them up as quickly as they are listed. I can recall one guy selling a collection over 30 long guns for $1,500 "tonight" and nice stuff. you could pick up lets say a Remington 700 for half cost all day long. I guess it takes a few of the greedy or others to drive up and make it like everything else look at ammo hoarders/ scalpers. Hopefully if the end has come for pennswoods that something else will fill the void.

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
I bought and sold some stuff there….I liked it far better than Craigslist.

A few years ago, I made a lot of extra honey, and made a listing on Pennswood to sell it. I only had three people respond….and they were beekeepers complaining that my prices were too low. I answered all three….I guess my prices weren’t that low…I didn’t have one person respond that wanted to buy any. 😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm overall disgusted with the whole Rennug site. I had my account locked because I upset some of the "sellers" on the site asking they not offer trades for drastically overpriced mil-surplus and in asking for help from "Chris" I received nothing back. (This was just last month). Zero response from any admin or even a "bot". No one monitors the site on any regular basis from my viewpoint. I'm good now due to the time lapse but the inmates seem to be running the asylum. I always tried to flag scammers along with a few other good folks who didn't want the site to turn into another Armslist-Pennsylvania. Many guys not familiar with scammer tactics lost money on the site and we did our level best to keep them off of it! But with no regular monitoring by an admin, well............I guess this shutdown could have been expected. They may have been shutdown by the server owners but it's also possible it went down due to any number of issues such as equipment failure or hacking. I know the certificate for the site has needed updated for a good year! I have been a member for many years and bought and sold a lot on the site. It was a GREAT site to buy, sell and swap. But I guess all good things come to an end. I hope someone takes it over or some time can be given to the administration of it IF or WHEN it comes back. I met a lot of very good folks on there. Much more good than bad and it was a good reflection of the gun owning community.
I have the same experience with the Rennug site. I try everyday hoping it comes back in play but no luck yet. Sold and bought a lot on the site but am getting pretty frustrated now. I have tried contact 3 or 4 times and haven't received any response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes!!!! I can not open my email either and it is my main email. Everything goes to this one. I'm getting so frustrated. I super need to get in to it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to get back into the suspended onewoods email account?? I use this as my main email and really need back on it. No idea why it got suspended to begin with??? HELP PLEASE

1 - 20 of 21 Posts