The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Penn State

4K views 53 replies 15 participants last post by  NorthernPotterCo 
#1 ·
Noticed the student section was pretty quiet yesterday when they were getting slammed by Ohio State.

😂

#5 ·
Honestly I was making a joke about the cardboard cut outs they had in the student section, but you all make good points.

#9 ·
They did better than I expected but they need to play for 4 quarters, the first loss they were robbed and last nights game was winnable.
Fighting Irish has been the most entertaining game to watch so far this strange season.

#11 ·
Franklin is a real good recruiter, if those kinds of rankings of 17 or 18 year olds matter. Game day., sux.

Think they'd be much better than .500. 6-5, or 7-4 in the SEC each year?

Big 10 is Over.....Rated.....OSU and a bunch of almosts. Bring on Iowa State in the CarQuest Bowl.

Michigan? All Harbaughed Up. Nebraska? Cornholers. Wisconsin? Big, slow white dudes. Michigan State? Thanks for putting Sandusky on the third page of the news.

Playoffs should be Clemson and the top three teams in SEC, or put Notre Dame or OSU in there to get blown out in the opening round.

#12 ·
Franklin is a real good recruiter, if those kinds of rankings of 17 or 18 year olds matter. Game day., sux.

Think they'd be much better than .500. 6-5, or 7-4 in the SEC each year?

Big 10 is Over.....Rated.....OSU and a bunch of almosts. Bring on Iowa State in the CarQuest Bowl.

Michigan? All Harbaughed Up. Nebraska? Cornholers. Wisconsin? Big, slow white dudes. Michigan State? Thanks for putting Sandusky on the third page of the news.

Playoffs should be Clemson and the top three teams in SEC, or put Notre Dame or OSU in there to get blown out in the opening round.
I would argue that the Big 10 is probably the 2nd best college football conference below the SEC. So how are they overrated? You think they're 3rd? 4th? Big 12 is better? Pac 12 is better? ACC? Every conference has a bunch of "almosts" I do think the Big 10 shot themselves in the foot by starting late and only playing conference games.

#13 ·
Penn State and Michigan are annually over rated because of who they were. OSU aside, so take out Clemson, the rest of the ACC lines up all right with the B1G. Seems like pollsters yearn for 2 or three B1G teams in the top ten. OSU and then........we'll go these traditional powers who have these recruiting classes and then are good but not great.

Notre Dame often same. But Rockne, Paterno, and Schembechler not running the show.

And dont discount the Big-12. Oaklahoma in tweener year, but if Texas ever figures it back out, the midsection of that conference could give the B1G all it could handle.

PAC-12 clearly behind. Oregon and no one special.

#14 ·
Penn State and Michigan are annually over rated because of who they were. OSU aside, so take out Clemson, the rest of the ACC lines up all right with the B1G.
I would agree that Clemson and OSU are cream of the crop in the ACC and B1G, respectively....but I have my doubts that the rest of the ACC would do well against the rest of the B1G...especially as the season moves into November.

And dont discount the Big-12. Oaklahoma in tweener year, but if Texas ever figures it back out, the midsection of that conference could give the B1G all it could handle.
The Big 12 will continue to consistently get pounded by SEC and B1G teams because the Big 12 teams have defenses that take their techniques from bull fighters...Oklahoma, Texas, and OK State can score 45 a game, but when they give up 56.....

PAC-12 clearly behind. Oregon and no one special.
Agreed....same as Big 12 - no defense.

#22 ·
Maryland outplayed them in every aspect of the game.

Watching Franklin in the 3rd quarter, I couldn't help but think he was trying to figure out how to throw his defensive coordinator under the bus.

And does PSU even have a backup quarterback? Sean Clifford was terrible yesterday and should have been yanked.

Reactions: Asajoe1
#23 ·
Probably too preoccupied recruiting for 2022.

The pundits and pollsters today are paraphrasing Dennis Green in regard to Penn State and Michigan, "They are not who we thought they were...."

Franklin will get a pass. I think in today's world it is difficult for the majority of teams not to have an off year. Bama, OSU, and Clemson are in a different class, they just reload. They are pipelines to the NFL.

PSU produces a Barkley, this year was Parsons turn, but its not like they have three or four of those guys every year. How many players have been drafted in the first three rounds over the last five years from those schools?

In 2020 a lot of that ultra elite talent is not thrilled with the idea of going out into the mountains of BFE Pennsylvania, playing in the cold and snow, to go to the Outback bowl.

They don't know the PSU of the Paterno glory days, Linebacker U and all that. They vaguely recall the Sandusky story, and see State College as the home of Bill O'Brien and Ron Franklin.

Think about it. OSU and PSU are after the same five star recruit. OSU says, "Hey man, look at our track record. We'll get you into major bowls, the FBS playoffs, and ready for the NFL. Look how good you'd look in this snazzy scarlet and silver. Or would you rathet go to Hicktown, wear high school uniforms from the 1960s, and go to the Round Five Draft Picks Bowl in Nevada?"

That's what they are up against in the Twitter era. Style sells.

I am sure PSU old timers laughed at those unusual Maryland uniforms. Ain't laughing this morning.

#30 ·
They lost again. 30-23 to Nebraska. They were down 24-3 at one point. Clifford was strip sacked and it was returned for a TD. He also threw an INT before he was pulled for Levis. PSU had two drives in the last four minutes in the red zone where they turned it over on downs.

#33 ·
Nebraska is another of the "used to be's".
Someone had to win.
Michigan is getting waxed too.

Look for some coaching changes in the B1G.

Maybe they all get a covid free pass in 2020, but without major turnarounds real soon, those alums will lose their minds.

#49 ·
If the Lions could get the season to "train wreck" status, it would be a significant improvement to the current state of affairs.

My son-in-law is a PSU fan, his take on Franklin is that he is "disinterested" or "distracted".

Maybe behind the scenes the Humphries thing has some traction. If even some of those allegations are true, there is no other choice but for PSU to cut ties immediately. Has to be a zero tolerance culture there on hazing and/or lewd behavior.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.