The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
19,764 Posts
When the score was 20-0 I turned it off.

Reactions: Asajoe1

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Maryland outplayed them in every aspect of the game.

Watching Franklin in the 3rd quarter, I couldn't help but think he was trying to figure out how to throw his defensive coordinator under the bus.

And does PSU even have a backup quarterback? Sean Clifford was terrible yesterday and should have been yanked.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Probably too preoccupied recruiting for 2022.

The pundits and pollsters today are paraphrasing Dennis Green in regard to Penn State and Michigan, "They are not who we thought they were...."

Franklin will get a pass. I think in today's world it is difficult for the majority of teams not to have an off year. Bama, OSU, and Clemson are in a different class, they just reload. They are pipelines to the NFL.

PSU produces a Barkley, this year was Parsons turn, but its not like they have three or four of those guys every year. How many players have been drafted in the first three rounds over the last five years from those schools?

In 2020 a lot of that ultra elite talent is not thrilled with the idea of going out into the mountains of BFE Pennsylvania, playing in the cold and snow, to go to the Outback bowl.

They don't know the PSU of the Paterno glory days, Linebacker U and all that. They vaguely recall the Sandusky story, and see State College as the home of Bill O'Brien and Ron Franklin.

Think about it. OSU and PSU are after the same five star recruit. OSU says, "Hey man, look at our track record. We'll get you into major bowls, the FBS playoffs, and ready for the NFL. Look how good you'd look in this snazzy scarlet and silver. Or would you rathet go to Hicktown, wear high school uniforms from the 1960s, and go to the Round Five Draft Picks Bowl in Nevada?"

That's what they are up against in the Twitter era. Style sells.

I am sure PSU old timers laughed at those unusual Maryland uniforms. Ain't laughing this morning.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Probably too preoccupied recruiting for 2022.

The pundits and pollsters today are paraphrasing Dennis Green in regard to Penn State and Michigan, "They are not who we thought they were...."

Franklin will get a pass. I think in today's world it is difficult for the majority of teams not to have an off year. Bama, OSU, and Clemson are in a different class, they just reload. They are pipelines to the NFL.

PSU produces a Barkley, this year was Parsons turn, but its not like they have three or four of those guys every year. How many players have been drafted in the first three rounds over the last five years from those schools?

In 2020 a lot of that ultra elite talent is not thrilled with the idea of going out into the mountains of BFE Pennsylvania, playing in the cold and snow, to go to the Outback bowl.

They don't know the PSU of the Paterno glory days, Linebacker U and all that. They vaguely recall the Sandusky story, and see State College as the home of Bill O'Brien and Ron Franklin.

Think about it. OSU and PSU are after the same five star recruit. OSU says, "Hey man, look at our track record. We'll get you into major bowls, the FBS playoffs, and ready for the NFL. Look how good you'd look in this snazzy scarlet and silver. Or would you rathet go to Hicktown, wear high school uniforms from the 1960s, and go to the Round Five Draft Picks Bowl in Nevada?"

That's what they are up against in the Twitter era. Style sells.

I am sure PSU old timers laughed at those unusual Maryland uniforms. Ain't laughing this morning.
They use to be a reload team but then like the the other schools you mentioned. Psu had elite coaching then. Now we don’t!!!
This is the worst coached worst prepared psu team ever!!!
Franklin is absolutely no big time college football coach!!!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
They lost again. 30-23 to Nebraska. They were down 24-3 at one point. Clifford was strip sacked and it was returned for a TD. He also threw an INT before he was pulled for Levis. PSU had two drives in the last four minutes in the red zone where they turned it over on downs.

·
Registered
19,764 Posts
Do they realize they need to play 4 quarters? Every game they lost they came in strong after half-time but run out of time.

Reactions: NorthernPotterCo

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Nebraska is another of the "used to be's".
Someone had to win.
Michigan is getting waxed too.

Look for some coaching changes in the B1G.

Maybe they all get a covid free pass in 2020, but without major turnarounds real soon, those alums will lose their minds.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They lost again. 30-23 to Nebraska. They were down 24-3 at one point. Clifford was strip sacked and it was returned for a TD. He also threw an INT before he was pulled for Levis. PSU had two drives in the last four minutes in the red zone where they turned it over on downs.
Franklin only benched Clifford a week late.......

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
In college football just hoping Indiana beats Ohio State this weekend.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Bama, OSU, and Clemson are in a different class, they just reload. They are pipelines to the NFL.
I was stationed at Fort Rucker, Alabama when THE BEAR was Bama's coach. Every place in the state was Tide country and if you are sitting in a bar having a drink you best not say anything negative about Bama or The Bear. I soon became a Bama fan and still am to this day. I have a nephew who went to Penn State and while there we rooted for them, except when and if they played Bama.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I was stationed at Fort Rucker, Alabama when THE BEAR was Bama's coach. Every place in the state was Tide country and if you are sitting in a bar having a drink you best not say anything negative about Bama or The Bear. I soon became a Bama fan and still am to this day. I have a nephew who went to Penn State and while there we rooted for them, except when and if they played Bama.
That's where you wear an AUBURN hat...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts