The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NCAA has lifted the sanctions imposed after the Jerry Sandusky case. They will be allowed to go to a bowl game this season.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Not only a Bowl game but the Big 10 Championship and full scholarships for the 2015-16 season.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
RonM said:
About time, these kids weren't involved in that , but they suffer for it...
I agree to a point. But this is always the case when it comes to sanctions. Some type of penalty needs to be given to schools and this certainly hurt them.

I am a long time PSU fan, and even defended JoePA until things came out. I just think about the message that is being sent here. Permit the sexual abuse of defenseless kids...and then get let off early on your punishment. As much as I am a PSu fan, I disagree with this decision, as I bet do the families of the victims and the victims themselves.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Jerry is in jail, I'm pretty sure he's not getting off early on his punishment.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
If he does, we've got much more to worry about than if the Lions are in a Bowl game.

I think he is safer where he's at honestly.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Now restore the wins and losses

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
RonM said:
About time, these kids weren't involved in that , but they suffer for it...
you're absolutely right!
But doesn't that always seem to be the case

·
4,230 Posts
Glad to see the kids playing now aren't being punished for actions of the past.

PSU could be a good team this year and can likely get a bowl game. As mentioned, restore Paterno's wins and all will be good.

·
20,123 Posts
They're getting off early yes, but not for doing nothing. They had to show massive improvement in policy in order to have that happen. Somehow I dont know that the families are all too concerned about the sanctions being lifted earlier. I'm sure they're just disgusted in general but I doubt they would be too ticked about the fact that PSU has went above and beyond to make sure this never happens again.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
As a PSU fan, makes me sick to my stomach. They should have had to felt the damage as was originally handed out.

Most other big programs had to feel the pain the entire time for their transgressions.

Only reason they are doing it now is, PSU will probably be their only hope for a decent bowl game the way the season is going for the Big 10.

NCAA is as corrupt and money hungry as the NFL.

·
4,230 Posts
justgrad25 said:
NCAA is as corrupt and money hungry as the NFL.
I think the NCAA is far more corrupt and to me a disgusting organization.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
NCAA mafia was on a witch hunt when they handed down that stiff of penalty, they were looking to gun down PSU.
I think lifting a penalty that was to severe is not uncalled for.
The crimes were a legal crime, not a NCAA crime, and those guilty are either in jail or awaiting trial.......as should be.
If JoePa were still here, he should also be awaiting trial. He was PSU, he had the ability to stop Sandusky, he chose to worry more about his reputation, and PSU reputation.
I don't think any wins .....after he was informed about Sandusky....should be reinstated.

By the way, I am also a PSU fan, but real is real..........can't sugar coat that !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts