The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Orpik back and Letang coming back from suspension, which D man will sit now?

·
20,126 Posts
I dont think there is any way Lovejoy is sitting this year. I know we are goof about him but he's had a superb start to this season. Engllend or Niscanon are sitting.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Lovejoy .... two games ago he only got 11 min of ice time and then last night he played with Orpik allowing Englland and Niskanen to get some playing time with each other so when Letang comes back Saturday he'll just take back his old spot with Orpik and Lovejoy will sit.

·
4,245 Posts
I think it will probably be more of a rotation between Engeland and Lovejoy. Niskanan is playing pretty decent right now and depending on if they face a goon heavy team will probably determine Lovejoy or Engeland.

Then again they are all playing pretty solid hockey right now so who knows.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tuko said:
Lovejoy .... two games ago he only got 11 min of ice time and then last night he played with Orpik allowing Englland and Niskanen to get some playing time with each other so when Letang comes back Saturday he'll just take back his old spot with Orpik and Lovejoy will sit.
There is a certain logic to that, but....

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Backwoods said:
I think it will probably be more of a rotation between Engeland and Lovejoy. Niskanan is playing pretty decent right now and depending on if they face a goon heavy team will probably determine Lovejoy or Engeland.

Then again they are all playing pretty solid hockey right now so who knows.
...this sounds plausible too.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Phase47 said:
This couldn't be posted in the Penguins season thread? Pointless.
Couldn't have kept this to yourself? Classless.

I see Lovejoy sitting it out until Engelland slumps. Two assists for #5 last night and he's really been hustling and using his head thus far. Seems to be developing/maturing into an NHL caliber defenseman this year. Engelland also adds the element of fear for the other guy, which is not the case with Lovejoy.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Lovejoy should rotate in and out to give a slumping player a break or just a worn out break. I don`t believe he is an everyday player.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phase47 said:
This couldn't be posted in the Penguins season thread? Pointless.
Sorry sir, I was unaware that we were pressed for space.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No need to worry about Lovejoy now.

Zbynek Michalek with a broken finger (Out a month)
The hits just keep on coming.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Tuko said:
No need to worry about Lovejoy now.

Zbynek Michalek with a broken finger (Out a month)
The hits just keep on coming.
That stinks! Be prepared for a whole lot more goals against for Fleury and Johnson! Lovejoy doesn't block shots like ZM...nobody does!

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Lovejoy is going to have to step up alot more and become a man now. Time to hit and block now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts