The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about putting a pendulum sight on my hunting bow. Does anyone have experience with these sights, good or bad? Do they work? What make or model would you recommend or stay away from? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I only see cons:

Another piece of moving mechanical equipment to hang up or otherwise fail, especially in bad weather.

They're only good on flat terrain. If the ground around you treestand is hilly, that pendulum sight will be useless.

·
Registered
487 Posts
ive killed 11 buck and 6 doe with a pendulum sight over the last 17 years. works great for me. its like any other sight, you have to have it sighted in properly and know its limitations. plus lots of practice. mines deadly from straight down to 25 yds

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Frankly, I don't know what a pendilum sight is. But, I have been toying with getting a SRF sight from 3 Rivers Archery for my longbow. Just thinking about it. I like the split vision style of longbow shooting, but could use an edge and the SRF may be the path.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I love mine made by trophy ridge, no guessing at yardage, no range finder needed, just sight it in correctly on the ground, and your ready to go.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Callmaker. Like I said, it's great if you're on flat ground. All bets are off if the terrain around your stand is hilly. To each their own. My opinion is just that. My opinion. No better or worse than anybody elses.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have been using a savage pendulum sight for 9 years or so. My pin is a bit larger than i like but i have harvested 8 buck with this sight. I even used to shoot quite a few 3d shoots a year and always did pretty good. Even on the ground with uneven terrain it works. My sight cant be locked down like the trophy ridge ones. I have had really good luck but some of that is practice and not taking shots over 30 yards. Good sight for kids too.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I thought I wanted one years ago. But the more I thought about it, the less I wanted it. As stated above, moving parts are a big negative for me.

I was reading a lot of reviews for them and there is nothing but a bunch of negative comments for them. I decided to not get one because of all the negatives. Even these models are getting a lot of negatives. You can read some here.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...p.form23&Go.x=0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts