·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEMORANDUM

Posted: February 22, 2013 01:58 PM

To: All House members

Subject: Co-Sponsorship- Composition of the Pennsylvania Game Commission

In the near future, I will be introducing legislation regarding the composition of the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

Under the proposed legislation, the commission would be comprised of individuals who are informed on the subject of wildlife conservation and restoration. They would not be current or former employees or deputy conservation officers of the commission.

If you have any questions, please contact Alycia Laureti via e-mail at [email protected] or via phone at 2-2283.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legi...;cosponId=11835

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There he goes again. No lets appoint another lawyer that belongs to the USP.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Never any current employes. Two ex deputies and one retired WCO who was retired for a long time prior to being appointed.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never did understand the opposition to GC employees being on the board.

I mean, we let lawyers be legislators.

Whats the difference?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I never did understand the opposition to GC employees being on the board.

I mean, we let lawyers be legislators.

Whats the difference?
I have to agree with that. Waugh!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Overall, I like the concept but suspect that this was written for a certain person who says he is "qualified" but has proven with his science that he is not qualified.

The PFBC went the fisheries management experience with their past executive director and I don't think the legislature liked the results.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Frankly, I like the idea of some requirement for a basic knowledge of hunting/wildlife management and I don't see that a retired PGC employee or former deputy should be automatically excluded.

It beats having a Bloomberg type Governor appointing a Peta member to the PGC.

Like everything else, sometimes outsiders bring advantages and sometimes insiders do. There are disadvantages to both as well. If they start requiring wildlife management experience only folks from inside that field could be appointed. That wouldn't be good either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts