The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my 50SML sights from Lyman. Was hoping to have had them on for late Muzzleloading season. Any how does anyone have the sights on their Deerstalker that I can pick their brains on about install and adjustments information etc..??

Appreciate it..

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
blackdog said:
I finally received my 50SML sights from Lyman. Was hoping to have had them on for late Muzzleloading season. Any how does anyone have the sights on their Deerstalker that I can pick their brains on about install and adjustments information etc..??

Appreciate it..
Do you mean that you have the 57 SML sight? If so there should of be instruction in the box,You will may have to take the rear sight off if its in the way, unless you have the older fold down sight.I have lined the peep up with the front sight with the help of a laser bore sighter at 13 yards, this will have you on paper at 25 yards and you can fine tune at the range.
Don't know anything about a 50 SML

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, I meant the 57 SML, I must have been overcome with excitement in finally getting the peeps.. I only ordered back in October 2013 from Lyman (Back Order). Any how I have a newer Deerstalker so I will probably have to take off the rears. It should mount up without drilling I hope..
I see you're a retired Navy Chief also, nice to meet you and thanks for the advice brother..

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yes the holes will be right on.When you take the rear sight off and see if you can find a metric screw to put in the hole, I can't remember the size right now.
Thanks for your service also.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If your present sights are lined up to match your point of impact, why not just install the new peep so that it also lines up with them before removing the open rear sight? I did that with a build and it worked out real close. You can either eyeball it or tape a string to the top of the front sight and stretch it through the rear and peep sights to align.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Windsniffer said:
If your present sights are lined up to match your point of impact, why not just install the new peep so that it also lines up with them before removing the open rear sight? I did that with a build and it worked out real close. You can either eyeball it or tape a string to the top of the front sight and stretch it through the rear and peep sights to align.
Good point never heard of that, thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts