The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been lookin for a sight for my tc flinter.so i was wonderin how everybody likes their peep sights.is it hard to get on running deer?
any help is greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like a peep sight to shoot accurately but haven't hunted enough to say how it works with running deer. I can't hit them running anyway.

·
Banned
900 Posts
I shot 3 standing or lying down this year with my peeps. The 4th was the buck I have posted here in this forum. I was extremely pleased with how easy I picked the deer up in the peeps in comparison to the F/O. For me it seemed 100% faster. I have to add though, the buck was at 25yds when I put the sites on him and I shot him at 7yds running all out.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Jester said:
I shot 3 standing or lying down this year with my peeps. The 4th was the buck I have posted here in this forum. I was extremely pleased with how easy I picked the deer up in the peeps in comparison to the F/O. For me it seemed 100% faster. I have to add though, the buck was at 25yds when I put the sites on him and I shot him at 7yds running all out.
Can you put a photo of your peep site on here?
Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a new peep that I do no use. If interested PM me your address I will mail to you to try, if you like it send me the $20 if not return the sight.

·
Banned
900 Posts
Here it is: Darn camera makes gun look rusty!! I still use the RMC F/O front sight with the Lyman rear. I have about $90 in the rear sight with shipping etc..

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Thanks Jester
I like the Lyman too,Did the shim/spacer come with it or did you make it? Looks like a drop in barrel too.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I have a pretty large aperture on my Lyman. But I don't take shots at runnin deer. I think if you do, I would just take out the aperture altogether. The larger the hole in the back, the easier it is to get a sight on the game. Now...how accurate you are after that is purely up to the shooter.

·
Banned
900 Posts
The spacer is included. U just taken out the little screw and the rear wood screw and replace with the screws that come with the sight.

The barrel is a Lyman Hunter barrel for those "evil" right hand people. I took it to a gunsmith and he converted it to Lefty for me. Called Lyman and they said they don't make (the hunter barrel) it for Lefties and never will so....

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
jester, does the peep sight limit your view somewhat while looking through the peep hole? thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
With the little bit of searching I have done so far , I have not been able to locate one for a T/C firestorm if anyone knows of one I'd be interested

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks but the firestorm has a tang with a slight downward curve.
I often see people looking for the same thing as me but have not seen anybody find one yet

·
Registered
12,858 Posts
tealdawg said:
TC claims their site fits all but the Scout..give them a call
I agree, when in doubt, call T/C up. They have always answered my questions

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
you should be able to get on a running deer faster using a peep,your dominant eye will automatically focus thru the peep to your front sight and by then you will be squeezing one off at the deer--good shot you nailed him!

·
Banned
900 Posts
I thought that too at first. There are 2 different aperatures that came with the sight. One is a tiny hole, the next a little bigger and you can just leave them out all together and you get the "ghost ring" effect. I think it was easier to get sight picture on the buck I shot while running with the peep vs the f/o sights I had used in the past.

The biggest difference for me was that the bigger the aperature...the easier it was to see through them at lower light levels. The smallest aperature made it just about impossible for me to see the front sight in the late afternoon. I changed to the bigger one and that issue was solved. Hope that helps!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts