The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it bad to pee where you sit? I have a buddy who sits by a tree and smokes, but almost every year he gets a buck. I've heard, never seen, of people building fires and shooting deer while warming themselves. Another buddy takes salami sandwiches all of the time and he usually sees deer. Opinions, thanks.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
When I am in my tree stand and I have to take a whizz, I just step out on the ladder and let her rip. Never prevented me from killing a deer. I have had deer walk right by withing feet of my stand and never show any sign of fear. There is another thread on here that goes into detail about all those who actually makes scrapes using their own urine. If you gotta go, just go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I scratch a bare spot in the leaves before I climb up, then you just gotta hit the target. Keeps things way quieter.

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
The problem is the noise it make hitting the leaves from 20 feet up. I have become very proficient at controlling the flow, off, on, on , on, off, on, on, on, to make it sound like a squirrel hopping thru the leaves.
When we were calling moose, and a bull was hung up out of sight, we’d give a few bull grunts and take a water bottle and dump it into a puddle, imitating the sound of a bull peeing

Bear hunting in Maine over baits, the guides insisted that you had a pee bottle in the tree stand, and didn’t want you wizzing on the ground in the stand area.

I never saw where it bothered deer any.

·
Administrator
27,960 Posts
I know a guy who ran a garden hose from his home built stand to the ground. A funnel at the top worked for him, and the bottom end of the hose went into a chipmunk burrow at the base of the tree.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I once was in a 18ft ladder stand during archery season and had to take a leak really bad, when a 4pt buck came in and stopped right under my stand so I figured I`de give him a soaking and scare him off, but to my surprise he just stood there looking around dunbfonded before walking off. My guess is he just thought it was starting to rain......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts