The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am strongly considering buying the Indian trade musket from pedersoli. Does anybody have any experience with these guns or pedersoli in general?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have one of their Kentucky long rifles and it shoot great. I even got my grandson one of the cub long rifles and it is also a great shooter

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have a friend who has a Pedersoli Indian trade musket and couldn't be happier with it.
I have a Pedersoli 50 cal frontier rifle myself. Very reliable gun.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
My brother has a Blue Ridge rifle made by Pedersoli. Beautiful gun and shoots lights out.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had a .45 long rifle model that I shot a good bit in-between rifles.

the rifling was very shallow (gun was from the 1990's) light to moderate powder for target loads were accurate.
hunting loads were not accurate, that was fixed with cornmeal on top of the powder under patched roundball

double set triggers were ok to good but not great

the lock was the weak spot in this rifle, mainspring was ok, the pan was tiny and the frizzen was bad, shoeing the frizzen fixed that problem

I think L&R offers drop in locks on some models, that would be the way to go

the rifle held nice for offhand shooting

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had a .36 cal Blueridge and a Br Bess kit I built. Both were great. Local clubs were happy when I parted with the Bess. She was a steel target destroyer. I'd break off and crack 3 or 4 targets a match. She left no doubt she'd hit what she wanted too. Great with ball or shot. The .36 was a fair shooter but was finicky about load configuration. But fun and inexpensive to play with at the ranges and matches. Those were more than 25 years ago. I'm into building my shooters now. The one I use now was built by me in 1994. I'm now finishing a smooth-rifle in a plain Lancaster style.

Reactions: blackpowder
1 - 7 of 7 Posts