The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I can say about the game commission. They buy a ton of land to hunt on. Great for them

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
One thing I can say about the game commission. They buy a ton of land to hunt on. Great for them
It is great for anyone who makes the effort to take advantage of it. I hunt on state game lands on an annual basis and enjoy it. My best bear hunting spot is on a SGL. I've hunted deer and turkeys on SGL this year also and had no trouble seeing game. Only season where I even saw another hunter was bear season.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Like anything in life, if you want the best, you will pay for it.

PA had over a million acres of public land open to anyone but if you want the absolute best hunting, you will need to pay for it.

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
Fox pro trolling yinz guys again.

It's another veiled attempt to get folks to complain about the pgc. He keeps starting threads about controversial topics, crossbows, leasing, harvest numbers, hoping to get others to agree we kill to many does and pgc has ruined hunting. He's being less obvious about it, but that's still the agenda.

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
Fox pro trolling yinz guys again.

It's another veiled attempt to get folks to complain about the pgc. He keeps starting threads about controversial topics, crossbows, leasing, harvest numbers, hoping to get others to agree we kill to many does and pgc has ruined hunting. He's being less obvious about it, but that's still the agenda.

I know, right? And while he's had a few bites, I can suggest a site where he'd find the fishing much better... USP. He and his newfound buddies could wallow in sorrow until the cows come home.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I pay to hunt private land. Every month when I write my mortgage check. I enjoy hunting my farm, but the most enjoyable hunting is when I go upstate and hunt some large tracts of SGL's. You can walk all day, there are tons of deer, and less hunters than I have using my and my neighbors properties. Based on what I've seen, if you can't find good hunting on public land your not looking very hard. find good habitat and the deer are there.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Next time you hunt on a a farmers private property give him something small. Like a pie, beer or what ever. You will be glad you did.
Or offer him $50.00....he might really appreciate that. And a great bargain for a days use of his land.

Yeah...here's an apple pie and a six pack....gee, thanks.

You obviously have no idea what it takes to maintain acreage.:sad:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts