The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys:

I went out and patterned a few shells through a 20 guage yesterday for my fiance. I thought it did good with 156 pellets in 9.5 in circle at 20 and high 60's low 70's at 30. The thing is the densenst pattern seems to be a little to the right.

I have an adjustable fiber optic sight on it and would like to know what direction to I moved the rear sight to bring the pattern on the target to the left. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
895 Posts
FYI,,,you should pattern your gun in the weather conditions you will be hunting in.

Especially the temperture...its kinda cold out now!
If you are hunting in the spring...you should shoot it in in warmer weather.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BYHALIA said:
FYI,,,you should pattern your gun in the weather conditions you will be hunting in.

Especially the temperture...its kinda cold out now!
If you are hunting in the spring...you should shoot it in in warmer weather.
I never even thought of that!! Thank you. I think I was just so antsy to get out and do something. She is going to shoot it later in the spring and get used the gun and how it all works. I will pattern it then also and hopefully get similar results just a little to the right!! Thanks again, learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I wouldn't get that carried away with it. I've seen some mornings that you start off with frost on the ground and it could be 85 degrees in the sun at noon.
How do you prepare for that?
Get a descent pattern shooting down the center and go hunting without complicating it more than you have to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.