The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever use a pattern master choke tube, I had some guys this weekend at camp raving about them. I would be using for turkey and waterfowl, but looking for any info from people who have used a Pattern Master choke

·
Registered
612 Posts
I use an extended range for goose, love it. With the extended range you can only shoot 3" shells, no problems, drops geese like a bad habit. Watch if you shoot Black Cloud ammo, can't use the older version Patternmasters with that ammo. I think they came out with new ones that you can shoot Black Cloud with but not sure, look at their website.
jim

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
They are very well made chokes but they are a bit salty in the price department. You will need 2 different chokes for waterfowl and turkey unless you want to shoot a more open choke at the turkey. My best advice would be to shop around and check out the Briley's, Pure Gold's, Carlson's and other manufactures out there before you make a decesion. I use a Dead Cyote for turkey and goose hunting with Hevi-Shot and just a factory mod choke for ducks and it seems to work very well.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My dad has one that he uses for turkey. With 3 1/2in shells I have seen him take turkey's at 70+ yds. Very impressive. But would I spend almost $100 for a choke tube? Maybe not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use them in 10 and 12 gauge for waterfowl after hunting for years with the factory modified chokes. It gives me a little more range and the birds are "more" dead. I use a Briley tube for turkey, not sure how the Pattern Master does with smaller shot.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I use a pattern master as well as most of the people I hunt with. They are a little pricey but you will never look back. Remeber, by design they make crossing shots harder because they shorten your shot string.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I just sold my SP-10 that i had a pattern master in. Brewyak ain't kidding about the 70 shots. *not that I know him* I just know what that thing will do. I killed a jake at about 40 yards (which did wonders to his head/neck), and it absolutley destroys geese at long ranges, and even moreso at close ranges. If you know you're going to be shooting longer ranges, it's def worth the money. I got mine at the Sportsman show a few years back. I'm pretty sure at the show they give military/police discounts if you fall into that catagory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts