The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17' Coleman Canoe. The structure is poly (plastic). I ran into the front of it with a riding mower, and the bind from the moew fender hitting it caused it to split about 10" vertically near the bow. Is there anything I an patch it with ?

Honestly, as redneck as it sounds, duct tape would probably work inside and out for lakes and pond rowing, but anything with current/rocks I believe would be an issue. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
there are super strong adhesives out there. talk to an auto body shop. some repair panels are being put on with them instead of welding because they bond tighter.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Real cheap fix would be a tube of 3m 5200. I would go with the fast cure.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
There are kits and products out there. Google it. Check the products then do a Utube search and watch the process and results.

Did that before I did the fiberglass repair to mine. A wealth of info out there for a bit of screen time.

A quick repair might be fast and easy... but might cost far more in the end. Get the info and then proceed.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
What ever you end up using you need to drill a hole at each end of the crack.Just large enough so the crack doesn't run during use.If you don't drill holes the crack ends it will get longer with use from vibration and stress.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
hiam, drilling is only needed if its a stress crack. sounds like its from an impact, which wont grow. stress cracks will elongate so drilling is important. i've repaired probably 1000 semi hoods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts