The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Thank you for contacting me about gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a variety of gun policy measures in response to the Newtown, CT killings. I therefore value knowing your views on this important issue, which is important to me as I carefully review the President's proposals. Like many Pennsylvanians, I believe that Second Amendment rights are important and must be protected, but there may be areas of agreement with the White House that can be addressed to improve public safety. I also believe that people who use guns in an illegal manner or harm others with them should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That said, we have consistently observed that mass killings are the result of serious mental illness. We therefore need to better protect ourselves from mentally ill individuals who seek to carry out such atrocities, including improved background checks. We also need to review and improve how we take care of the mentally ill. As I continue working with my Senate colleagues on both sides of the aisle on public safety, please be assured that I will keep your views about firearms in mind.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania</span>
</span>

<span style="font-size: 17pt">This was waaaay better than Casey's response. I just got this today. What do you guys think?</span>

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's better than Casey saying straight out that he supports a ban, but it could be better.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I agree with Him 100% , Put the crazy people where They cant harm others with guns , knifes , cars , rocks , sticks ,hatchets , etc etc etc . What do high Capacity Magazines have to do with These Incidents ????

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hagen said:
A nonresponse. I got the same reply. Disappointing.
x2.

I believe that Second Amendment rights are important and must be protected, but there may be areas of agreement with the White House that can be addressed to improve public safety. What are those "areas" he's referring to? Mental health? Or 2nd Amendment?

He should be saying something that doesn't leave you guessing by throwing full support behind our 2nd Amendment protection. His mental health comment is spot on!

Casey is a lost cause.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Banjoman said:
Hagen said:
A nonresponse. I got the same reply. Disappointing.
x2.

I believe that Second Amendment rights are important and must be protected, but there may be areas of agreement with the White House that can be addressed to improve public safety. What are those "areas" he's referring to? Mental health? Or 2nd Amendment?

He should be saying something that doesn't leave you guessing by throwing full support behind our 2nd Amendment protection. His mental health comment is spot on!

Casey is a lost cause.

Ditto

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I hope Sen. Toomey backs our gun rights to the fullest. He will be up for re-election when his term expires and voting against us will defeat him.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I sent out e-mails to both senators and congressman Kelly yesterday. we sportsman should all send e-mails to all politics in our districts. If you don't then your wasting time complaining. They need to hear from us all!

·
Registered
465 Posts
mossycamo said:
I sent out e-mails to both senators and congressman Kelly yesterday. we sportsman should all send e-mails to all politics in our districts. If you don't then your wasting time complaining. They need to hear from us all!
+1
Make it so, defenders of the Second!!

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
i got the same response. Toomey isnt going to run for re-election, at least thats what he said when he ran.

pro gun meeting this coming wednesday at bobs gun shop in Mckean PA 6 to 7 pm with congressmen Thompson and Kelly

i'm going and i plan on asking what they plan on doing to get the BATF to start charging people with possession of a stolen firearm, 5 to 10 years in prison just for that.

the U.S. attornies office told me thay dont charge under both jurisdictions, thats why these thugs keep getting out and stealing more guns....put em away and clean up the streets, prevents future crimes too.

i wanna see what they say when i ask.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I dont like that response one bit. The White House has nothing on their plate that interests me at all. The 2nd Amendment shouldnt even be looked at. They can look into a "mentally ill" database if they so choose, but leave background checks of otherwise law abiding citizens out of the equation!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Frankly, tell your elected officials at all levels, the tiger is out of the box. Opposition to our rights will result in what happened to the sportsman's show happening to them.

Watch their eyes...

We have a very real, well covered, and verifiable example of the support for the 2nd A in this state now. What happened over the last week should indeed wake a few of these politicans up.

We just raised the stakes in their game.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
must be a a going thing got 2 from him stating the same stuff

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Got the same from him. Double talk out of both sides of his mouth. If he does not come out strong in support of gun rigths there will be NO vote from me next election. As of now I don't trust him to defend the 2nd. We need to get these forums in the face of these elected officals I send them links in my emails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts