The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As frustrating as November was, the past couple weeks have made up for it and then some.. With a ton of scouting (one week was close to 500 miles alone), we've been able to put some birds on the ground lately..

Couple weeks ago.. Loafing area.. My limit of mallards.. (should have shot more but my buddy had the whiffs with his loaner gun)

This is what happens when you land a pile just out of the spread and get covered in too many at once.. Hunted a tight spot and may have overdid the decoy numbers so only these 4 were able to get into the spread, but nothing got out.. Luckily we didn't educate too many and got another crack at em

Got back to our loafing spot, but this time the ducks wouldn't cooperate..

Redemption on the tight spot.. Much lighter spread and a 4 man limit plus a bonus bird

Here's the bonus bird.. My buddy shot a cripple after he knocked it down.. Got a little excited on his first goose hunt

Setup a couple farms over from where they all went the night before, but our visibility saved the day and every goose in the area came to us and ignored the 5 spreads within a mile of us.. Had fits with the wind and kept moving the spread but finished out our 4 man limit..

This AM I decided to do a hunt closer to home in one of my honey holes.. Figured I'd get a crack at ducks and possibly some geese.. Ended up watching 30 ducks from 300 yards, but scratched out a limit of geese..

These 2 (two standing on the left behind the sleepers) wouldn't leave my spread.. I got back from retrieving the one and walked within 15 yards of them before they swam 50 yards away...

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Nice job! Wondering if the newbie is the gentlemen I sold the Benelli to?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hey partner! Glad to see your hard work and efforts are paying off fiu. Wecve been plagued by a slow November and December. Today, January 1at finally opened up a bit for us by us seeing geese ans a few ducks.

Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice hunts! looks like your on the geese especially! tomorrow morning is my first hunt of the 3rd AP season, been working a ton, and have a newborn to care for as well so work first, play on my one day off.. after 17 straight days of working! Hope to have some luck like that seems like the geese have been pushing pretty good this past week.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Plus a goldeneye yesterday that has not made the screen yet!

Congrats Matt!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Good job! Saw you cleaning up the day you got the Goldeneye. A buddy of mine did pretty good close by you that day as well. For the majority, things have been slowwww.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm assuming he was the one with the jet boat? He had a ton of shooting... Must have been pounding the mallards where he was...

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
lwrsusq said:
Thanks guys.. Here's my goldeneye from yesterday..
Probably looks alot like mine should have today!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts