The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, me and jeepinyotes went out last night around midnight. It was a little chilly 3 degrees with almost no wind. Set up on the outside of a swamp, nothing in the first set. Walking up a logging road saw fresh tracks, that fooled out foot prints (fox [censored] on boots) tracks weren't there when we went in, but this coyote traveled a good ways and circled our calling spot much further than we would have guessed. We're starting to get the feeling we haven't been doing it wrong, just never saw anything.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice. It certinaly is true there are more coming in then you know. I killed a coyote last week on my second set, then after starting to carry it back I noticed its tracks coming from where it was all the way upto and passing my truck into the first spot I was. I didnt see anything on my first set but... the dead coyote and the tracks dont lie. It came to the first set from a 1/4 mile away. Then came to the second and never left.

·
Registered
927 Posts
If your hunting with a partner it may be worth having one of you sitting in a spot maby a 100y away cross wind watching down wind. Infact that spot may be more productive then closest to the caller. And its also verry hard to call in a coyote with almost no wind. much better to have strong wind in one direction then just wafting around you know. my only luck ever came under good wind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts