The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was basically given an ARMI Sport Kentuckian flintlock pistol. The problem is the PO had broken the hammer. It looks as if the hammer has been making contact with the top of the lock each time it is fired. I made some preliminary checks on the internet but was not able to find much info other than ARMI could be associated with Chaippa (sp!) and it didn't appear any parts were available. Checking Gunbroker and eBay didn't help either. I tried looking at Dixi Gun Works and a couple of other flintlock sites but none had hammers listed.

Are these hammers basically interchangeable? It was also suggested I have the broken pieces "tig" welded and relieve the top of the lock to prevent the hammer from making contact with the lock.

Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
early CVA locks and some others had a flint hammer with an off set that was supposed to hit the top of the lock as a stop to keep it from bashing the pan. I believe the early Italian guns were similar. The Italian locks do come up on the online auctions, but they are far and few between compared to the CVA and traditions parts. Sometimes those guns were just copied from another maker. As it making molds from the competitions parts and make exact copies. I understand that Pedersoli purchased machinery and molds from other companies when they phased out of the black powder business. A pedersoli may fit. I would check in person against one before paying out for one. Take the hammer pieces and compare it side by side to a CVA or traditions. Deer Creek in Indiana sells CVA parts reasonably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts