The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a new left over <span style="color: #3366FF">2009 Parker Vanguard XP </span><span style="color: #3366FF">Compound Bow 60-70# LH</span> does anyone have any insight on this bow ?? I have never owned a Parker but i have heard some good and bad things like everything else , just wondering , thanks in advance for any help . Gary

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I don't have that particular bow, but I purchased a new left over Parker Hornet a few years back and have been nothing but satisfied with the bow.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Best thing you can do is to go and shoot it! See if it fits and feels good to you!
I use a Parker Phoenix 34. Still shoots great.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know all that , i have been bowhunting for a while now and have changed bows alot just to move around a little but this is an ebay item from a sporting goods store that i have bought items from before , it is new with tags and i trust the people on it but i was just wondering the quality of a parker i have just never owned one , thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have a Parker Wildfire XP, Great bow and has a very smooth draw. Great customer service at Cabelas and comes with lifetime waranty.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I still have my Mathews FX I bought in 1999, but last year I wanted a newer and faster bow. I bought a Parker Blackhawk XP and haven't looked back.

I didn't want to spend the $800 for a new Mathews, so that was what led me to Parker. They are a great company (based in Virginia) and they stand behind their products. I had an issue after 100 shots where the cam was wearing thru the serving on the cable. I called Parker, they said "send it in."

I sent it back, they re-cammed it and re-cabled it, and when I got it back a week later there was a check for the amount of the postage it cost me to send it in. Great pro shop to talk to on the phone as well.

Many of my friends have recently switched to Parker bows, and they are all very happy.

By the way, I draw 68 lbs and shoot 30 inch easton axis arrows with 125 grain broadheads, and my 2009 Blackhawk XP chronographs at 298 fps.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts