The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from ohio this evening, my parker cyclone blew apart last nite when i fired it to unload it. I will be calling parker first thing monday, does anyone know if i will end up sending it to them or they work through a local dealer? Kinda disappointed it didn't have but about 40 shots fired out of it, and now i have no bow. Rut will be here soon!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If it was the pre-update model (longer power storke, different riser geometry, no factory string stoppers), they will most likely require you to ship it to them. What exactly happpened to the bow when you say it "blew apart"? Their turn around time is fast though and you should have it back pretty quick...depending on how you ship it.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I would talk to Arrowhead on here. His contact info is a sticky thread at the top of the forum. He is a Parker dealer that is probably not far from you. He can probably help you get it fixed up quick. I would call him today.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Parker will most likely ship you a new front end. They will need the old one back and will take your credit card number for the core charge on the old front end. When they get the old front end back they will issue a credit to your card. Usually takes about three days or less to get your new front end.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it was not a dry fire! I hunted the evening which was cut short by a thunder storm. When i got back to the truck i changed arrows and shot it to uncock it. The same routine i've done several times. When i shot it the whole thing blew apart, the right limb split about 4 inches back on both sides of the cam and the string went into shreds. The small black pieces attached to each limb where it splits for the cam flew off to. I don't know what happened, just want to move forward and get it fixed. Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts