The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down and bought a crossbow. It shoots pretty good, but the trigger leaves a lot to be desired. Its very heavy, and feels like it creeps an 1/8 of an inch before it breaks. Shooting offhand accurately is pretty tough with this crummy of a trigger. Has anybody else had this problem? Is there any adjustment on these?

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Welcome to the world of lousy crossbow triggers. Thankfully, some manufacturers are beginning to address this with Bowtech and Kodabow leading the pack. Winchesters will be right up there and possibily the best when they are released shortly.

Parker's triggers are average. Some folks mess with them but I never advise it. Too much power in them limbs pulling on the string latch.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Just bought a Barnett Jackel, the Parker Bushwacker was out of stock, and the trigger on it is better than some of my rifles. Just an FYI, cheap bow with a great trigger.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I saw some guys on AT mention a "G-2 trigger" on the 2011 Tornado. Some guys say it is the same trigger as the older models.

Does anyone know if there is a better trigger on the 2011 model?

·
Banned
266 Posts
my 2011 tornado seems to have a very smooth trigger mech..
i'm happy with holding tight groups @ 40 yards with it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i thought the same thing when i got my new tornado. it creeps a ways before breaking. takes some getting use to. i assumed all crossbows do this since field and stream actually raved about the tornado having one of the best triggers.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
They do have the best trigger's out there. I've shot a few other's and still love mine the best. My Tornado is goin into it's 3ed. season. I love talkin to Tech's at Parker too they treat you like a buddy. For me the trigger pull is fine for huntin. I'm so focused on my aim point that the trigger pull means nothin.What I do is like 2 wks. ago I shoot it a bit and let guns rest so it feels normal to me....later

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, for the input guys. I guess maybe, I got a lemon. I'll try talking to the folks at Parker before sending it down the road.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Put a few drops of good quality synthetic oil on it. I know they tell you not to, but if you want it to smooth out a bit all it takes is a few drops of oil.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I just shot my final practice round with broad heads.. I'm very pleased with my Tornado. yea it's a heavy pull I shoot off of sticks or gun rail , I never had to offhand it.. yet... you can't finger tip it and ease it.. I wedge it my first knuckle joint and steady squeeze. I get scary groups at 30 and 40 yards it's almost cheating...

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
arrowhead said:
Put a few drops of good quality synthetic oil on it. I know they tell you not to, but if you want it to smooth out a bit all it takes is a few drops of oil.
Do you think a dry lubricant would be better?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts