The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do for my crossbow to "baby" it and make it last as long as possible. I know I will have to change the strings eventually. And not bang it around ect. Common sense stuff. But as for limb savers, string stoppers do they give you more life out of it in the long run? And just anything odds and ends i can get or do to make it last as long as possible. Is it bad for them to be in the rain snow when your in your stand? Ect. First cross bow so not really sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't have a Parker, But I like string stops & savers on the limbs. Keeping the string waxed will help in the rain & snow.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I own 3 crossbows and 1 is the Tornado. It is great out of the box and the string stoppers make it better! Victory arrows help also. I am hoping that the lifetime Warranty works if I ever need it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the railings? is it okay for them to get rain and snow? any procedures i need to follow after being in the rain and or snow?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I use jigaloo on my rail, wipe it on with a rag

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Keep the string and cables well waxed. Not the center serving. Check all fasteners for tightness and apply a light coat of machine oil to the metal fasteners at the end of the season. Also do the same to the cam pins.

If the bows gets wet, wipe it down when you get out of the elements. Use a soft cloth designed for optical glass and clean the scope at the end of the season.

Don't keep in a vehicle on a hot day or cocked for over 24 hours.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Also learn how to properly wax and clean the strings. Clean strings will last much longer than ones that have any dirt or grit in or on them.

Wax as usual- wipe dry with a piece of dental floss wound once around string - wind it around string and pull to remove wax and dirt. You will be surprised how much gunk will attach to your string.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts