The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one for my son, crossbows are new to me.

We zeroed the first crosshair for 20 yards. We checked the zero at 10 and 15, there was little difference.

The second crosshair was on at 30, the third at 37 and the fourth at 45. Does this make sense? Just want to make sure we did the right thing by zeroing in the first crosshair at 20.

Also, the slick trick 100 broadheads hit about 1.5 inches lower than the field points. Is this about right?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Ted...

Mine did the exact same thing.. I too use 100gr Slicks..

so by not getting to AAnal I zeroed in with my Slicks at 20 yds... and put away my field tips for the year now it is set up for hunting.. zeroed at 20 1 inch low right at 30... at 40 it's only a slight differnce good enough for me.. took 2 deer with that set up last year.. good luck this year with the boy

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NR:

Thanks. Good idea sighting in a hair low at 20. We will do that this weekend, then we will be good to go.

He is really anxious for the season to start. Last night after we shot for about 2.5 hours he said, "we can't everything be this much fun."

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Ted, I did the same and shoots about like yours i use Rage 100 gr. and used the practice head to sight in....later

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
Ted, I did the same and shoots about like yours i use Rage 100 gr. and used the practice head to sight in....later
You might want to use the heads with the real blades in a time or two before you go hunting. We didn't have any issues with the practice blades, but when we switched to the real blades they deployed the instant the trigger broke. Real scary in the Tornado and the Vortex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts